HybridZ

How do HTP Plasma Cutters rate?

Metallicar

Well, it turned out to be a scam or something. I found a few listings on ebay for these. I did the "Buy It Now", but ebay stepped in and cancelled the sale as well as the Sellers account. The seller had over 1100 / 98% feedback, I am not sure what really was the cause for the termination. At least I still have my money.

This is the second time this week, I won an auction, and the ebay machine terminated it's validity. Again, I lost no money, but it is lousy business.

The tig I bought which is the 200 amp model, was $3100 or so delivered to the door with consumables. About $2900 or so just the welder, cooler, 25 foot tig torch and 25 foot pedal. Truly an awesome machine with a great manual and totally digital controls and infinite adjustability in 1 amp or volt increases. Truly has alot of higher end machine features for the mone and draws only 30 amps at 200 amps welding power!!!!!!

Simply love it and Grumpy was the one that turned me on to it!

I was recently considering an HTP plasma cutter...after all the research I did, I ended up buying a Thermadyne Cutmaster 38. I had a hell of a time once trying to get a CRAFTSMAN mig fixed. Took like 4 months and broke again the same night I got it back.

My deciding factors were:

Specs- 1/2" quality, 5/8" sever

Price- MC625 is like $1400.

Warranty- one year

Construction- imported parts?

Thermadyne

Specs- 1/2" quality, 5/8" sever

Price-$1090 w/free shipping

Warranty-3 years on the box, 1 year on the torch

Construction- US made?

Hopefully I did all my homework and made the right choice!

That is what I bought a Thermadyne Cutmaster 38, I heard it was a knock off of Miller. So far it has been a good tool, no problems with it. I bought it about a year ago.

John

thermadyne is no knock off.

they also have a line called ThermalArc, and they also make very high quality mig and tig welders for super industrial use.

even plasma welding aswell.

i have their catalogue, and their "fabricator" series is top notch.

I've never seen a welder with so many rheostat dials and switches. I'd look at their stuff and be turned off at the sheer amount of adjustability.

This is probably why Miller released the Automatic selector versions of their welders now.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest shawnstam

IF anybody buys a plasma cutter buy a hypertherm they are the leading manufacturer of plasma cutters. Another consideration is a high quality air compresor with a top notch filtration system. I own one its cuts up to 7/8 like butter. you get what you pay for in plasma cutters.