HybridZ

AEM EMS for RB26 Stolen, Keep an eye out

Booztd 3

Guys

An AEM EMS for an RB26 (part number 30-1620) was stolen off my doorstep sometime around monday afternoon. I spoke to the UPS driver today and he physically showed me where he put the package, and obviously I dont have it. Normally this would be an odd request but this was the only AEM in the country right now......now someone has it. Please be on the lookout

Sorry to hear about this. Hopefully it was insured or UPS makes it right given the cost of these ecus.

I have considered using this EMS for my RB26 but have shied away from it given the difficulties the guys on gtr.co.uk seem to have had.

Please let us know how tuning on this unit goes for you once you get it back. :-)

This happened to me too once, with a harddrive

the UPS guy left it "infront of my door".

I woke up one day, went to the computer. checked my tracking number. "delivered - FRONT DOOR"

I go check all the doors windows, even garage front door.

NOTHING.

I end up putting a claim in. It's been almost a year and a half, and I have no harddrive, and I'm short 130 dollars.

THIS IS NOT UPS's fault though. I got a call from someone at UPS who said he would approve the stolen claim, and that I had to call the company whom i purchased the unit from, and tell them that it's been approved. At that point, they should call UPS to verify, and then send out another harddrive.

I hope you had insurance on your package. What they will do is send the UPS guy over, he will point to where it was placed, and then he will tell you how your block is now issued as an AREA 5 shipping ground, which means the only person who can accept a package is the person on the label, with valid ID as well.

IT SUCKS when this happens, and what you will want to do is tell whomever accepts the claim to contact the shipper themselves in order to approve the claim, and then you will get reimbursed with the money, or they will, and send you a new unit based on what it was claimed for on insurance at the time of shipping.

I have some shady neighbors. They only come out at night type of neighbors...windows shades always shut...not seen for weeks at a time. One day I got a box at my front door and opened it. It was a box full of Bikini Ladies Wrestling tapes. I looked at the address...whoops. Not mine. It was theirs. It was about 30 pounds worth of Ladies Wrestling tapes! UPS does screw up sometimes. Maybe they were afraid to deliver it directly to their house.

Insurance should help you out if you had it through UPS. It's still a huge hassle. Good luck.

I work for a UPS store...ALWAYS INSURE YOUR PACKAGE!! We have too many people that insure jewelry thats worth $1000 and insure it for $100 bucks...It gets lost, guess how much they get..$100 bucks and they come back at us because they dont get their $1000 back. You can also tell the people when they send the package out to have a SIGNATURE REQUIRED. Its usually like 3 or 4 bucks extra but then you know for a fact if you didnt sign for it and someone else did they stole it. This sucks that this happened to you and just work with UPS and aslong as its insured you'll most likely get your money back.

I work for a UPS store...ALWAYS INSURE YOUR PACKAGE!! We have too many people that insure jewelry thats worth $1000 and insure it for $100 bucks...It gets lost, guess how much they get..$100 bucks and they come back at us because they dont get their $1000 back. You can also tell the people when they send the package out to have a SIGNATURE REQUIRED. Its usually like 3 or 4 bucks extra but then you know for a fact if you didnt sign for it and someone else did they stole it. This sucks that this happened to you and just work with UPS and aslong as its insured you'll most likely get your money back.

This is what I do. I always do double the amount. Even if the item was $1000. I would make sure I would have it insured for $2000 so if it gets lost I can at least give the person their money back and get what I wanted out of it. Hasnt happened yet and I hope it never does.

I will keep an eye out also.

Well, I have an update, a good one.

I found the EMS, its in Orlando (item was delivered to central IL originally)

Now this is where it gets really f*cked up. About two weeks ago I ordered a set of headstuds for the RB26. My vendor goofed and sent me headstuds for a CA18DET. I called them that day and told them what happened, and they said they were issuing a call ticket, and would get the correct studs out asap.

I was unaware what a call ticket even was at that point, but what it is, is an exchange process by the shipper. They ship you the correct item, and at the time of delivery, the carrier picks up the incorrect item and ships back to the origin, at the expense of the shipper.

What ended up happening on monday was this:

UPS guy comes at 11AM, delivers my EMS

Fedex guy comes some time later, drops of my correct headstuds, assumes the UPS box sitting there is the package that needs to be returned, so he grabs it, ships it back to the shipper. My vendor called me this afternoon to inform me of this, and I'll have my EMS on monday:)

Thanks for those of you who responded

Andy