HybridZ

Question: Have you Seen many "Historic" Datsun cars for sale?

240ZR

I don't know I was kinda like thinking Maybe i wanted to get some thing Historical, for my next Z, restoration at some point in the Future, I was thinking what could i do that is historical Significant? also if anyone has experience or owns/owned one can i get an idea of what I am getting in to price wise...

So far possible ideas are:

"First 100" - hunt down one of the HLS20s that in the the first batch to make it state side

"Vintage Z Program Cars" - see if i can locate one.... I know there are more then a few floating around...

"432Z-R" - possibly restore from the ground up (leaning towards this once b/c i would be afraid to drive it a little bit and run it in historic races)

"BRE Roadster/240z" - I have a Infatuation with Bob Sharp and would flip tricks to get a Bob Sharp car... restoring one would be even more fun. (from what i under stand most of these cars met the crusher?)

"280Z/ZX/ZXT"- see if i can find one of the IMSA cars (thinking title might be a pain on these..?)

What about a 280ZXR?

meh If i was going to get on of them I would rather Find an 10th Anniversery Gold or Black Pearl Edition....

I though about an 50th AE and the SS but I am NOT a fan of the z31 body, I also want to stick with the Early Datsun cars....

Wow that 240 is sick!! Any guesstimates on $$$$?

$225,000.00

does anybody else find it humorous that the "first 240Z imported into the US" has 280Z taillights?

Per IMSA GTU rules at the time the car needed to be updated to look something like a 1976 model so that's why the tailights were swapped.

I've though about a Scarab.... my question is is it really more historic then like a "frist 100 car" or is it just historic to 'Hybridz'ism? as much as I'd like to get a real scarab, its IMO not the same 'Historical wow' as like a 432 or a BRE car....

Well nothing will happen soon, and nothing is set but Imma keep my eye open for a BRE 510, or a 432-R... Anyone seen one for sale in the last few years, so i can get an idea about price?

Then again a Scarab at the right price would make me almost as happy...

These come from www.race-cars.com. The first two are a bit suspect...notice that the second car supposedly has 75k original miles, but it's a 72 with an L28e...

http://www.race-cars.com/carsales/other/1162998831/1162998831ss.htm

http://www.race-cars.com/carsales/other/1146800501/1146800501ss.htm

This was the best I could do for a "real" historic race car. they used to have a BRE 610 on here, thats what I was going for, but it's gone now.

http://www.race-cars.com/carsales/other/1160146882/1160146882ss.htm