HybridZ

First Drive of LS1 Z

After years of reading about how jazzed other guys are on the first drive, I got my chance tonite! Three years of work for a drive to the end of the block and back. Man, I thought my Camaro had some power, but this is a whole new level. The engine pulls this little body around like it's nothing. Tonights drive was without a hood, drivers door and seats, (eyeballs just peeking over the bottom edge of the windshield), but what a rush anyway! Now the goal is to get it ready to drive to the MSA weekend. I can hardly wait to get this thing out on the street for real!

After years of reading about how jazzed other guys are on the first drive, I got my chance tonite! Three years of work for a drive to the end of the block and back. Man, I thought my Camaro had some power, but this is a whole new level. The engine pulls this little body around like it's nothing. Tonights drive was without a hood, drivers door and seats, (eyeballs just peeking over the bottom edge of the windshield), but what a rush anyway! Now the goal is to get it ready to drive to the MSA weekend. I can hardly wait to get this thing out on the street for real!

Congrats, that first ride is always the best. The image I have in my head of you sitting on the floor peering over the dash is just too funny. Your neighbors probably are just shaking their heads in disbelief!

I'll try to get a new video done this week. The car sounds pretty good (in my obviously unbiased opinion!). It has a GM hot cam (nice little lope to it) and a set of custom made tri-Y long tube headers going into a pair of Flowmasters. My stealthy little drive last night was at about 11pm, and the exhaust sounded good in a quiet neighborhood!

I love that 'first drive' with no hood and other pieces missing, not working properly.. :lol: It's the most frightening and nerve racking drive, and at the same time the most exciting one! It makes it all worth it doesn't it? Congrats man! :)

Specially if the wife is on the passenger side and you corner left... what a rush :):) J/K!!!

Yep... the V8 motor was the missing piece when they first produced this sportscar!!!

Congratulations Sir!