HybridZ

RS-Watanabe Group Buy... Anyone interested?

Yea... you heard it... RS-Watanabe's Group Buy...

If I can get a group of 5 ppl to buy I can hook up with a killer deal. Ask 240_Hoke if you don't believe me. Doesn't matter what size or color, the prices will vary but I need 5 confirmed orders.

Sizes 13 (up to 13x12), 14 (up to 14x12), 15 (up to 15x12),16 (up to 16x9.5). The wheels only come in a minimum of 8" wide.

Post a reply of what sizes, color, and what kind of lip you want.

RSW8R.jpg

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If these things are going for less than $1200 for 4 then I can find some cash... otherwise I can't justify spending all that dough on some track wheels I will inevitably beat the hell out of....

I need 16x10 x4...

No offense bj, but i dont think they will be that cheap, these wheels usually sell for around 2500 and up, and that is narrower than you are wanting.

yea... the CCWs went up a bit recently.... they are in the same ballpark... but I can get parts for the CCWs... and I have rebuilt several before... they go back together nicely...

I expect that the parts for the Wats are either nonexistant or ridiculously expensive...

I can't afford a set of high dollar wheels that will let me down when I need them repaired quickly...

If Wat wanted buyers in the States then they would get more involved with dealers here in the States... If I am going to buy Wats... then they will have to beat the hell out of CCWs prices... or show me the support I will need for a track car on an independent owner's budget...

Yea, I would be interested in 16" 8 and 9. in black. How much? Would need correct offset to clear stock springs.

$2200 + $30/wheel if you want black, and $20/wheel for machined lip. So $2400.

If I can get more ppl to buy the price will go down FOR EVERYONE or I'll do some free shipping or something. Also they'll clear stock springs but might come super close, so be careful with the tire size (and you'll need to flare it).

yea... the CCWs went up a bit recently.... they are in the same ballpark... but I can get parts for the CCWs... and I have rebuilt several before... they go back together nicely...

I expect that the parts for the Wats are either nonexistant or ridiculously expensive...

I can't afford a set of high dollar wheels that will let me down when I need them repaired quickly...

If Wat wanted buyers in the States then they would get more involved with dealers here in the States... If I am going to buy Wats... then they will have to beat the hell out of CCWs prices... or show me the support I will need for a track car on an independent owner's budget...

Well if everyone had wats at Pep-Boys, no one would want Wats. The reason you pay top dollar for the wheels are because no one else has em. Also the R-Type wheels are one piece wheels so they're not rebuildable unless you get the other 2/3 piece Watanabes.

Sorry, I don't mean to offend, but that's about retail for Watanabes. Takumi Project quoted me $2400 for Magnesium (special color) in 16x9 and 16x9.5 in correct offset for ZG flares. The group buy doesn't sound like that good of a deal.

How long ago did they quote? If they quoted within 2 months, the prices have went up. http://www.takumiproject.com/RS-WATANABE/index.htm

And again... I'm just getting a feeler for who is interested. Most likely... if I get about 5 sets going, I can pretty much get you free shipping to continental US which in itself is like 100+ anyway.

BTW, Takumi Project is my dealer who I have a wholesale account to. I sold a set to Austin before the prices went up and to another member on Hybrid.

So according to my prices... $2310 for the 16's in magnesium color + free shipping ($100ish so you're saving about $200) = not a great deal vs. $2400. Take it as you must but I've dealth with Mas @ Takumi Project for a couple years.

NOTE*** Magnesium wheels vs. magnesium color totally different. RS-Watanabe also makes some of its racing wheels in Magnesium.