HybridZ

Post Your Interior Photos!

zfever

I adapted stock Z seat rails to the BMW seats by using aluminum blocks and four strips of 1/4" x 2.5" aluminum bar stock. Basically you make four "legs" out of the aluminum blocks and then use the bar stock to make "skiis" that fit under the blocks. Then you mount the stock Z rails to the skiis so they line up with the stock location in the floor.

You can make the "legs" whatever height you need to get a comfortable seat height and angle. The blocks and skiis bolt to the seat holes in the bottom of the BMW seats. Then you drill holes to mount the Z rails onto the "skiis". Measure twice, cut once!

The drawing is NOT even close to scale. It's just to give you the idea.

I'll likely be doing that with some fiero seat later this summer.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JackHammer

I love the leather dash, did you do that yourself? What did it set you back, time/$$ wise.

Very nice interior, original w/ modern materials, beautiful!!!

Thanks....actually everything is done in a Soft-Touch vinyl. While I did do a lot of work on the car myself... I left the interior to the professionals. The idea of covering the dash came out of my desire to have the dash and the other plastic trim pieces match the interior rather than having them black. I looked at the various dyes and paints and really was not happy with the results. I started talking with my interior guy and he showed me some consoles and trim pieces he did and the idea to cover the dash and the trim was then decided on.

Time wise... when it comes to using guys that do custom work such as paint and body and interior.... what a joke. Your time line and dates mean absolutely nothing. I missed more shows that I stopped setting myself up for frustration and disappointment. It only takes these guys a matter of a few days once they get started and keep at it until it is completed. I camped out at the guys place over the Thanksgiving Holiday week until the interior was finished otherwise it still might be there. I never have understood why they work like that...but most do.

$$ wise it was part of the complete interior price. So...just the dash, I really don't know what it cost.