HybridZ

My S130 Project

rwdawg2

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sjohn280

Wassup yall, another project here in Hawaii. Anyone know if there are any other z peeps here? The work I cant do myself is extremely expensive at the shops. Sorry cant find my camera so no pics.

Guest Hyksos

Here is mine, 1983 280zx turbo manual transmission

280zx-front.jpg

280ZX-Turbo.jpg

Sadly I have the big hugly seat :(

So I plan to change the seat with either 280Z or earlier 280ZX seat.

Then I'll go for power, intercooler first, boost controler, injector etc...

I'll add my 2 cents. Here is my 83 280ZX. It's got early ZX bumpers and B-pillar trim, 14x7 A.R.E mesh wheels and the Xenon urethane air dam. It's lowered with eibach springs. Right now the only performance items on it are a custom 2.5" exhaust with high flow cat and some old random flowmaster I had laying around, and an E-Bay intake. I am going to turbocharge it as well, but instead of doing a complete L28ET swap, I'm going to put all the stock turbo components on this N/A motor.

IMG_0852.jpg

IMG_0350.jpg

IMG_0074.jpg

IMG_0072.jpg

IMG_0068.jpg

This is a pic of when I first got it.

DSCF0016.jpg

remember me devil z????? because i remember you.....

468244_14_full.jpg

why is your rad sitting there !!! that wont help .. well i have two zx's and a chassis project see my sig for some examples.. will post pics when im back home

Dude, i like the s130. You go to UGA, ive never seen you around, i go to gainesville state's oconee campus, but im always in athens. Bring it to the Import Atlanta meet at sonic on ATL highway at 7:30 pm on monday the 7th. I want to see it. As for my s130, im doing an na build with flattops and a mn47 head, and ITB's. Right now my interior is getting an overhaul, complete with momo seats.

just wanted to say this has been down for a while then all of a sudden there is a ton of s130 lovers i haven't even heard from.

but yes silver 280zx i go to UGA but my car doesn't run right now it is sitting at my parents house in pieces as you see it in those photos and the motor is in marietta.

but yeah i have to work 6-11pm on Monday the 7th but i will swing by afterwards if you guys are still there.

Just thought I would also post pics of the sweetest S130 I have ever personally laid eyes on. Some of you should know this car.

IMG_0356.jpg

IMG_0353.jpg

IMG_0352.jpg

IMG_0351.jpg

IMG_0600.jpg

Dang man, where did you find that beauty? Anyway, NIce, Is it tag in TX? I been hunting for s130 RHD for a while but nothing... Found one but it like 10k for it. Is that the original engine, It doesnt seem like it.

Someone thinks there's not enough S130's on hybridz?!

Well maybe they're right, but it's not all bad. There's a few of us on here. The BIG problem is that because in most states they're not smog exempt they're not as common for engine swaps. Because not as many engine swaps they're not as common on THIS site becuase THIS site is based soley on "hybrid" cars. So instead the S130 is more known as "donor" :D

I myself have only owned S130 cars. 3 now. 1 being a turbo donor. I'm not a fan of the 2+2 cars, their propotions are all off to my eye and I'm not a fan of the uneeded weight.

I'm nearing completion of my turbo swap, and it'll remain purely a street car for some time. Once I get a second car for a daily driver and have more money to put into the car I'll revamp the suspension, get some larger rims, and get some nice fat tires under those wheel wells. Then it'll get at most an intercooler, megasquirt, and possibly a fuel rail (+ other supporting/obvious mods).

Someday I'd like to have a slicktop (aka hardtop) S130, auto-x/track car with something small and mean.

Overall it's amazing how little many Z guys think of the S130. It's not really all much heavier than a S30 and a bit more rigid (from what I've seen/heard). It's got a plenty large engine bay for swaps, sharing many dimensions with the S30 car. The main downfall is that it's not as "ideal" of a suspension setup, but people have proven it's capable.

I know they're also not the better looking Z car to most people. But the ZX suffers from poor stock styling imo. The chrome trim is overused, and there's jsut too many lines going on everywhere. The louvers are a joke, and the bumpers stick out way too far and it's just.... lacking. But many of these things can be fixed, but the big one that bugs me the most is the bumpers. I'd really like to make my own bumpers someday that sit more flush with the body and don't look like a peice of rubber that's been stuck onto the body.

Anyways, I should stop my ranting/rambling. I like the S130, so count me if your counting the S130 guys. I'll try to get some pics up tonight, i'm on a random laptop right now so no pics at the moment.

Good luck with the turbo conversion, these can be fun cars when they're running, and though a pain sometimes, they're a lot more fun to work on than some other cars.

Dang man, where did you find that beauty? Anyway, NIce, Is it tag in TX? I been hunting for s130 RHD for a while but nothing... Found one but it like 10k for it. Is that the original engine, It doesnt seem like it.

This S130 belongs to the President of the Japanese Z car Club. It was shipped over to the U.S. twice. Last year for the Z convention in Dallas. and 2 years prior to Long Beach for the convention there. It's a 500-700 HP beast with an RB26DETT from a Skyline.

The SportMax wheels look great on a ZX! I'm hoping to get a set before October.

Thanks! I bought them when they first came out and now I wish I had waited since at that time only the 15s were available and now they have 16s, hoping to get some 16x10 Diamond Racing wheels in the near future though!