HybridZ

My S130 Project

rwdawg2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice guys! Im currently trying to figure out what I want to do exterior wise for my 82.Im at work so I cant do much on this computer but I will post pics when I get home.What are you guys running for suspension?Im in the process of trying to get either a Megasquirt or Mapecu so I can finally get it tuned for more boost. Speaking of what do you guys think of Mapecu any one tried it yet? Or should I just stick with Megasquirt?

http://mapecu.com/map2.html

well guys my turn to chime in. i have a 1981 280zx. right now it is primer black. i picked mine up for $300 running. the things that were bad on it were the clutch (only 2 springs still intact other 3 were broken in half) the headgasket went on my birthday a month or two after i got the car. The great thing about this car is the guy i got it from was lazy but had money. he purchased the following. Corbeau clubman seat (already installed when i got the car) and a tenzo r steering wheel (also already installed). he had an msa body kit, tokico lowering springs, kyb shocks, centerforce dual friction clutch, cusco strut tower bar, headers and a full exhaust and front slotted and drilled rotors. So when i got the car to my house i started the suspension. the new springs and shocks went on, then the strut tower bar. Then i decided with it lowered the body kit would look nice. put that on. went to the local drag strip knowing the clutch was bad. clutch slipped horribly every gear ran a 16.9. got home parked it and decided to take the tranny off. then the clutch went on. while me and my buddy were taking one of many smoke breaks i decided to look at the headers to see how they went on. i had no clue so i didnt attempt yet. they were in my front yard. sun goes down we run out of light. the headers, a t3/t4 turbo and my full exhaust got stolen out of the gated yard... i dont know why someone would steal 280zx headers because there is only a few in my city and i know most of them. ohh well i got another set from one of the guys i knew. ran with the open headers for awhile. then got bored one day with a welder and decided to make an exhaust. the next day i got a call from the other local 280zx guy (whom i met on here. Roninjiro) he decides since his motor swap he dosnt need any of his exhaust and wantes to give it to me. yay i just all that work for nothing... but hey im happy about it. well then that puts me where i sit today after a few words i sumed up a half of a year. now i am choosing to sell my car because i got on offer of $2000 and i know of a bunch of z's in the area for sale. ohh ya and i also did a 240z dual su setup along with put the front rotors on... i have pictures on here.

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=120522&page=5

Its an 82'. The sunroof looks to be after market (noticeable hacking at the the roof). I actualy just had the sun roof welded over and taken out. Its now cleanly shaved with more headroom then ever! Also the restored headliner from the parts car (notice the green tarp) fits perfectly and matches up with the mounting holes from the previous hard top head liner.

Wow I didn't realize their were so many nice looking ZXs out their I thought most people shunned them in favor of S30s. Here is a pic of mine:

Zfront.jpg

I wish I had a more current picture of it (probably 6 months old) but my camera is out of batteries at the moment and I don't feel like driving to the store right now. Anyway now it has a nice crack in the airdam due to a 3" long chunk of rebar sticking out of a parking stop at a 7/11 and a whole bunch of paint chips due to a rather flaky paint job that is now quite old, oh well just an excuse to paint it again, what do you guys think? I would like white with two black or blue racing stripes or maybe solid black and tint the windows.

Wow I didn't realize their were so many nice looking

ZXs

out their I thought most people shunned them in favor of S30s. Here is a pic of mine:

Zfront.jpg

I wish I had a more current picture of it (probably 6 months old) but my camera is out of batteries at the moment and I don't feel like driving to the store right now. Anyway now it has a nice crack in the

due to a 3" long chunk of

sticking out of a parking stop at a 7/11 and a whole bunch of paint chips due to a rather flaky paint job that is now quite old, oh well just an excuse to paint it again, what do you guys think? I would like white with two black or blue racing stripes or maybe solid black and tint the windows.

I think those wheels are nice and exspensive and it would look really good lowered.

Those are the stock 2+2 b pillar covers.

For which years though. The 2+2 cars I recall seeing have the vertical line plastic type found on the 2 seaters in.... 83? I forget. Not really documentation on this kinda stuff, just gotta figure it out.

For which years though. The 2+2 cars I recall seeing have the vertical line plastic type found on the 2 seaters in.... 83? I forget. Not really documentation on this kinda stuff, just gotta figure it out.

Oh that's right, I forgot they changed them on the 2+2 as well. I had a 79 2+2, that was my first Z and it had them, so I'd imagine 79-81.

im thinking of using an ISMA body kit on it too but yeah look on zhome search for ZXR.. a base model with a big rubber twat on the back ( whale tail)

img721.jpg

getting one is under control :) however you need wheels so wide it is not even funny anymore!! these are 245 and fit ( barely) in a stock well so imagine ! ill have to do some measurements once i have the kit near the car .. than i have to repaint it .. yet again :(

Its an 82'.

Are you sure? Your car has the side pillar trim, tail lights, hood vents, and bumpers of the 1979-81 cars. It could be a 1982 if all of that was changed.

Frank has a 280ZX type-R!!! LOL :D nice ZXR Frank

and here is my car

1982 280ZX 2+2 turbo 5-speed, t-tops, 250,000 miles on body. (2nd engine in this one)

black/grey interrior, CRX seats, 18x8 wheels

purple01.jpg

purple02.jpg