HybridZ

My S130 Project

rwdawg2

i figured since i haven't really showed any of you guys what i am dealing with i would go ahead and post some pics.

i talked to Warren a few times and some other GA guys about what direction i am going with my N/A to Turbo swap but if you guys have anything else to add please let me know.

thanks

cars-break06028.jpg

cars-break06024.jpg

cars-break06023.jpg

cars-break06022.jpg

cars-break06026.jpg

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no motor in it in these pics.

also if any of guys want these louvers please let me know.

i have mint plastic side ones and used rear alluminum ones that tuck in under your window molding.

i also wanted to let you guys know that i just got my 300zx transmission stuff back from MAZWORX so i will take pics of that asap.

i also have a t3/t4 with Supra 440cc injectors

venolia forged pistons

some sway bars.

i am hoping to go with SDS and a LD28 crank so if you guys have any suggestions on how to aquire these that would be greatly appreciated.

thanks alot guys

Been almost 4 years since I got it (March 03), but It's been on the road, to Baton Rouge & back, made 2 SEZ's and is about to make some serious runs at the SEZ next month (provided I can get it all back together with the new tranny in it). Keep at it, you'll get there.

yeah still a project. Hopefully will be running fairly soon i hope.

i am a college student at UGA but i am taking my entire spring break and money that i have saved up to work on the car and the car only that week so we will see how far i will get March 10-17.

i'll take some updated pictures and post some progress if any.

the bumper was on there when my dad drove it. So it is just some 1980s fiberglass deal that he had bought when he drove the car.

i think Zcarparts has something similar to this but i am not sure of specifically where he got it.

you know what i will ask him next time i see him and then i'll get back to you if he remembers anything

the bumper was on there when my dad drove it. So it is just some 1980s fiberglass deal that he had bought when he drove the car.

i think Zcarparts has something similar to this but i am not sure of specifically where he got it.

you know what i will ask him next time i see him and then i'll get back to you if he remembers anything

sweet thanks man! :mrgreen:

I don't own one but my friend has a few HARDTOPS...

The grey one is a '81 base model manual steering, high back bucket seats gorgeous interior flawless.

The burgundy one is an '82 that he bought in California and drove it back cross country. This one is clean too.

He resides in Maryland but both 280ZX's are in Florida. They are both FOR SALE!! Let me know if anyone is interested I'll put you in touch with him.

DSCN2342_thumb.jpg

DSCN2410_thumb.jpg

Copy-of-DSCN1800_thumb.jpg

DSCN2446_thumb.jpg

DSCN2452_thumb.jpg

The grey one is a '81 base model manual steering, high back bucket seats gorgeous interior flawless.

The burgundy one is an '82 that he bought in California and drove it back cross country. This one is clean too.

He resides in Maryland but both 280ZX's are in Florida. They are both FOR SALE!! Let me know if anyone is interested I'll put you in touch with him.

what kind of rims are on the gray z? i like them alot!

Those seats are gorgeous. They arn't factory are they?

The seats in the gray car are factory. They were only installed on some of the '79 through '81 280ZX's. In the factory Nissan brochure for my '81 Nissan was listing my S130 as a "Deluxe" model. The black vinyl was more likely to be found in the '79 and '80 models. Alot of S130's that were shipped to the U.S. either had the low back bucket seats or these tombstone buckets but with velour upholstery.

The all black mesh wheels are a no name brand and the only stamping I can find on them is that they were made in Mexico and the size is 16x7 with a zero offset. Currently they have a P225/50/16. The burgundy car has an old three piece Epsilon stamped out in 1985 and they are 16x7 in front and 16x8 in the rear. Currently the fronts have P225/50/16 and the rears have P245/45/16 and there is plenty of room to go wider. I sued to have the Epsilons mounted on the gray car and even with the Tokcio HP struts and Tokico lowering springs there is still room for more tire in the back. The fronts are about as wide as you can go with that wheel without grinding the spring perch or going to coilovers.

Sorry I have been meaning to chime in your post for a few days now.

Anyhoooo...I love your ZX S130 project, the 16" wheels are dead sexxxy too - they look like Riken or Epsilons. Congrats on breathing new life into her, I am very excited for you - very cool and I am glad to see you are going Turbo power as well.

Here is my little missy, who I absolutely adore and hope to see 450+whp this spring summer:

24625288.jpg

Featured in Nissan Sport Magazine, look who wrote the article!!!!

86039591.jpg

Here is a good buddy of mine....:

33274726.jpg

33274708.jpg

Yasin

no s130 lovers in here anymore.

i feel like it is just me and warren.

o what about slown'rusty i know his is ZX

come on guys there are very few s130 only threads i figured i'd have more interest.

Im here! Im planning to do a N/A to turbo swap too as soon as I get some cash, time, tools, oh yeah and a turbo motor:icon44: Ill post pics of my Z if any likes