HybridZ

My S130 Project

rwdawg2

Ok, the pics I promised even though I'm sure nobody really wants to see stock 280ZX cars that are all ugly and all.

frontrightanglexi1.jpg

^

This was the first one. It had an unfortunate fate. The ebrake would stick, and of course the first thing everyone here suggested was FIX IT! And I hadn't in the first... hmm, i dunno 3 months or so. So I'd just leave it in gear of course, as I always would with any stick shift. Well one night it decided to pop out of gear while parked on a hill. Went about 30 feet into a tree. Hit the corner of the car and magically didn't break any windows, but was still a joke to fix. So I bought this:

sunsetvy9.jpg

^

This one I got for $500 (even towed it to my house for free). Needed a FPR, fuel pump, and quite of bit of the car just put back together. There was quite a bit of missing interior, but I just used the interior from the last one.

And now...

dayone02vk7.jpg

^

That's my turbo donor. She's got some miles, but hey, worst case scenario I just have to get another motor right? I'm considering hunting down a junkyard turbo block to rebuild on my own. It's been a long time since I've helped rebuild a motor and I've never done it on my own, so it would be fun to do. Maybe even use a LD28 crank while I'm at it.

So that's where I'm at with these stupid things we're all obsessed with. I can't seem to shake the addiction.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heres my 1980 zx. Its just lightly modded, exhaust, intake some simple things. New wheels to come soon. We jokingly call my Z SALSA becuase that s what the license plate frame said on it when I bought the car so i just left it.

winchestbeheind.jpg

cc_12.jpg

This pic has my old speedometer in it, now i have the 130mph unit :)

2499404_2_full.jpg

Give me about another year, and I'll be right up there with the nice looking ZX's, although not quite stock.

Dscf1338.jpg

Hey steeltoad, Can you give me some pointer of how you did the hatch? I want to do that too, but I'm waiting for zfrab to do the pentera hatch. But I don't want to wait.

i love all the pictures.

i especially love the s130's so that is why i made this thread and now it is blowing up and i can not show you guys how excited i am that i am not the only one who enjoys the ZX's over the Z's.

i will post pics of my motor and head machine work here as soon as i get it back and next week i hope to re-spray the interior and i will post pics of that.

until next time keep up the s130 talk

Yeah i just bought an s130; and am excited; Loved these ZX's for a long time; got it for $500 in driveable condition.

my rear knocks once in a while, and my rocker arms on 2nd and 6th cylinder are rattling ; so i gotta get to working on them but dont have the tools. Right now I baby it with the condition, but this baby sure does roar!

getting the L28ET manifold and buying a 350 on the side to get parts for here or there to swap it in there after a while;

So i've looked online and parts are kinda limited for these things . . . where can I go to look at some genuine 280Z/ZX cert parts?

Yeah i just bought an s130; and am excited; Loved these ZX's for a long time; got it for $500 in driveable condition.

my rear knocks once in a while, and my rocker arms on 2nd and 6th cylinder are rattling ; so i gotta get to working on them but dont have the tools. Right now I baby it with the condition, but this baby sure does roar!

getting the L28ET manifold and buying a 350 on the side to get parts for here or there to swap it in there after a while;

So i've looked online and parts are kinda limited for these things . . . where can I go to look at some genuine 280Z/ZX cert parts?

What sort of parts are you looking for? Stock replacement parts or performance parts?

Just thought I would also post pics of the sweetest S130 I have ever personally laid eyes on. Some of you should know this car.

IMG_0356.jpg

IMG_0353.jpg

IMG_0352.jpg

IMG_0351.jpg

IMG_0600.jpg

Where can I get those flares and body kit from? That looks soooo sweet! Black Dragon Auto has a set but I don't think they look this good.

If I remember right, the front flares are stock Z31 flares from the 86-89 models, Cut out and welded into the stock 280ZX fenders. I think the rear ones are Skyline flares. Nothing on this car, save for the airdam, is available as a kit. It was all custom. It's got fiberglass doors and hood, and the entire rear suspension from a Z32 has been grafted in. It's sweet!

If I remember right, the front flares are stock Z31 flares from the 86-89 models, Cut out and welded into the stock 280ZX fenders. I think the rear ones are Skyline flares. Nothing on this car, save for the airdam, is available as a kit. It was all custom. It's got fiberglass doors and hood, and the entire rear suspension from a Z32 has been grafted in. It's sweet!

i can see the z31 in the front, but not the skyline in the back.

Same colour as mine though.

What sort of parts are you looking for? Stock replacement parts or performance parts?

Both!

I need stuff too like doors; seats, carpet. Especially doors; the idiot who owned the car before I did destroyed the interior as far aas the carpet and the doors. :evil:

i'll get a picture up here tomorrow so everyone can see my $500 deal. lol

But i'd literally like a good place for both stock and performance;