HybridZ

Where to get these or similar bonnet vents?

blue_leaf

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found this at another website (Jeeps/4WD). This guy used vents from a 1994-96 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP. Maybe these are close enough to what you're looking for?

from_a_1994-96_Pontiac_Grand_Prix_GTP-c.jpg

from_a_1994-96_Pontiac_Grand_Prix_GTP-a.jpg

Or perhaps these... modified by using two on each side front-to-back and trimmed?

hood_louvers_01a.jpg

...like this?

hood_louvers_01a2.jpg

...but the second set above is NOT cheap at $395 PER SET excluding baffles!!!

http://www.greenwoodcorvettes.net/gc4/louvers.htm

...or maybe these (below) for $270/set. "Maybe" they could be inverted and the underside cleaned up? http://www.hrpworld.com/index.cfm?form_prod_id=827,58,363_3876&action=product

hood_louvers_06a.jpg

or... there's always "trusty" (eh hem) old eBay (below) ... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/universal-exterior-air-vent-hood-scoop-01_W0QQitemZ190087104442QQihZ009QQcategoryZ33645QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

ebay.jpg

blue_leaf, sorry i missed your PM. i didn't make any molds of the vents tho i should have. it's on my to do list but i have not considered selling them as i would lose the "unique factor".

but..i am short on money, if enough people would buy them...

the other vents shown above may be an alternative. but i doubt they would fit the curvature of the z hood exactly, mine do!

thanks davy for letting me know about this thread!

He definately spent some $$$$$$$ on that addition

more time than money! im talking weeks here.

sorry to all, ive changed web hosts and have not uploaded anything. i may have some on photobucket.com.

just a re-introduction. the entire hood is fiberglass and the vents were molded in separately.

the airdam is also all glass and made from scratch. that is an old pic before it was color sanded.

the bumper is, you guessed it, fiberglass. note the LED turn signals mounted into the bumper.

unfortunately, time is my enemy and i havent been able to play at making more parts lately...

^^^ I'm interested in a set or two. ^^^

if i am to pull a mold of the vents, i'd like at least 10 firm buyers. it would take at least a week for me to pull a decent mold + whatever hours to make one set at a time.

the vents are around 2ft long? i'd need to get boxes...price range would be around $300 for the set. "around" being the operative word here :-).

i don't know how sales will go, full payment in advance? a downpayment? i dont want a bunch of extra vents laying around my garage. and i dont have enough time to make a set each time i get an order. some of the older...or should i say, original, members can vouch for me...i started this hybridz thing before it was called hybridz.

my vents are notched in one place to clear the strut tower bar, if that's undesireable, i'd have to pull a mold, make a new set, fix the notch, make another mold, and then be ready to pull parts...add another month or so to the timeline.

Owen...Your car always looks so clean. The Pics out by the QM really turned out nice. Good close up shots. Thanks for sharing.

VAN

thanks VAN! did you check out the link at the top? some good shots of your car too? if you click the left or right-most picture, it scrolls thru a bunch.

maybe i shoudna said a week to get started on these vents...if my wife finds out im working on something other than the dead Z32 in the driveway...

Hi - I have always loved the vents in your bonnet, did not know it was yours but knew the car. One of very few really clean cars in my list of Z Favourites.... my all time favourite one being at http://zhp.satokikaku.com

Yours was pretty close to that for me :-)

If you make the glass moulds and reproduce sets presumably I could cut the existing steel bonnet and sink some in ?????

Cheers

Andy F

"...if i am to pull a mold of the vents, i'd like at least 10 firm buyers..."

What constitutes "confirmed"? All with a $50 non-refundable deposit... if 10 buyers place said down-payment... refundable if not? I'm in!!

Hi - I have always loved the vents in your bonnet, did not know it was yours but knew the car. One of very few really clean cars in my list of Z Favourites.... my all time favourite one being at http://zhp.satokikaku.com

Yours was pretty close to that for me :-)

If you make the glass moulds and reproduce sets presumably I could cut the existing steel bonnet and sink some in ?????

Cheers

Andy F

Oh yeah, that car is sweet! I know the owner, tho not personally.

And yes, presumably you could just cut the steel and mold them in!