HybridZ

The New Season Of Pinks....Lousy!

slownrusty

I caught my first show of the new season tonight (which is the second show aired on this latest 4th season)....here are my beefs:

1) Why the hell was an Olds 98 racing - first of all...a stock stripped out, Piece of Wood? Isn't this show about fast performance cars? Whats next week Mom's Chrysler Minivan with faux wood panelling? Boooo!

2) I much preferred the hype (some of it was downright funny) with the negotiations between the teams arguing back and forth on the older seasons, now Rich negotiates with the drivers separately in a secluded part of the track.

3) Why is Rich's signalling his hands backwards now - does he have tendinitis?

4) They do not list the hp and mods of each car like in the older seasons.

5) I do not like how each team can go and check out each other's cars and ALSO start them-up without the owner not present.

6) Rich is still an idiot....

I hope this is the last season....but saldy I will probably watch each episode making ME lousy...LOL!

What are your thoughts of this new season so far?

Yasin

I haven't seen any of the new season yet. Rich is still hosting you say? Hmmmm..... Yeahhhhhhh...... I'm gonna go ahead and pass on that. Thanks :)

Mike

(I also hear that the Hummer H6 is no longer making appearances on the show. Sadly, I had nothing to do with this....)

I feel the same way about Pinks that I feel about that show that was on history channel with those two clowns that called themselves "the turbo twins" who somehow managed to make two grand nationals slower than they were to begin with...meaning that it's a trite and poorly thought out show, that was genius from a network point of view. Think about it: on a normal game show, you have to pay out a prize to whoever wins, but on Pinks, the contestants PROVIDE THEIR OWN PRIZES which means that Speedchannel doesn't actually have to pay any money at all (beyond normal production fees)!

Yasin,

That episode you mentioned is actually from a year ago, not the new one. The new one was 1 hour later and featured a Malibu wagon and a '69 Tempest. The older episode was one of the worst in my opinion. But keep in mind that the Delta 88 was scheduled to race a different car originally that broke during the warmups.

Brian

I was hoping that was an older show as it was pretty bad. The chain smoking guy with the Olds really did get screwed on the deal. The other guy was obviously letting up and Rich didn't believe it. Rich should be part owner of the crappy Olds because he setup the negotiations so that the Olds would lose.

That is something that I really notice a lot on Pinks, you pretty much know who will win at the end of the second race, as Rich does side up to make sure that one car does beat the other.

Its all a complete sham anyhow.

I agree that the host is a total idiot. Did anyone see the race with the Malibu and the Tempest. It was hilarious, that one had me on the floor laughing. Basically the Malibu was having problems getting into first, so they negotiated and got 2 lengths because of tranny problems. Right when they get to the line the driver tells Rich that he has first gear back, Rich looks at him, says OK, then starts the race. You can tell where that leads, the tempest gets smoked. They come back and the driver of the tempest is pissed. He starts yelling that he should have been told that they had first back, and all Rich does is look at the driver of the Malibu and say "Yeah, you should have told them"....If it was that important to Rich why did he start the race when he knew they had 1st back?! Then the driver of the Tempest looks at Rich and tells him he messed up. You should have seen the look on Rich's face, it was priceless. Then he totally skirted the issue and never touched it again. Wow, what a great host... POS!!!

you have to be an idiot to go on national tv and race for titles with no compinsation if you loose.speedchannel is in a win win situation.and you have to be out of your mind if i would let someone else drive my car and on top of that let jimmy joe bob negotiate for me,, wich halve the time doesnt matter anyway because rich tells them what to do.i thought racing was lining up and going for it all not asking for 18 car lengths.winning that race is somthing to be proud of...lol.they might as well go to the local track and bracket race.