HybridZ

Can we turn Flash Code on to see youtube videos?

jtmny1999

• Administrators

Ok.

vBulletin does not have a built-in FLASH tag.

In order to do that I would have to create a custom tag.

The problem is that in order for you to now use this custom tag I would have to enable html in the post body so that it could embed the code into the post.

This means that anyone can now post html code into their posts.

No worries, just too big of a risk to take.

But, maybe if alot of members start asking for it over at http://www.vbulletin.com/ they will add a built-in FlASH tag some day.

OHhhh no... not ANOTHER switch over to a newer/diffrent system, with downtime and lost info!! :eek2: PLEASSSSEEEEE just leave it be!! :redface: I'm finaly getting the hang of this place! (just a computer illiterate grease monkey here, sorry)

:)

Ok thanks for the info, I was just trying to make things better for people posting videos.

The present way of posting videos thru streetfire or whatever is good for me. I'm guessing most everyone else is on the same boat.

Maybe I'm missing something here, but by wanting to post video's instead of just links, arent you saying: You WILL use your bandwidth to watch my video, instead of giving people the option of clicking a mouse button. Why would you want to do that to people who are here to read the messages ?

I'm happy with just the links, HybridZ is THE BEST car site on the web (that I've found:wink: ) I like the way crap is not tolerated! I was slapped on the hand in the very beginning, but looking at things now it was for the better. blah blah blah...i need my coffee

Maybe I'm missing something here, but by wanting to post video's instead of just links, arent you saying: You WILL use your bandwidth to watch my video, instead of giving people the option of clicking a mouse button. Why would you want to do that to people who are here to read the messages ?

Nope, the flash applet and video loads from Youtube's server's, not Hybridz's.

Same with pics, unless they are "attachment's" or hosted in the photo albums section, they don't use any of Hybridz's bandwidth.

Mario