HybridZ

Custom Intake Manifolds

Nismo280zEd

Not quite sure where to post this... Mods/Admins feel free to move.

My friend and I are finally starting our company. We have several prototype pieces made for display.

I told my partner there would be a decent interest in custom intake manifolds for the Z guys. Well... here I am offering you guys custom intake manifolds. Currently we only have a 4 cylinder prototype but you guys can still get the idea of what it's going to look like and the product quality, welds, etc. We also are selling throttle bodies to go with them ranging from 65mm-105mm.

Ok so here are the 4cylinder pics

40600392.jpg

40600399.jpg

40600395.jpg

I can give you more pictures if you want.

So this is the general product we have, we can change plenum volume, angles, runner length (of course the flange) to best suite the Z.

So... Who would be interested in this manifold? We are still a growing company and can not afford to produce say 10 sets with no sales from those 10 (we would go under). I've been on this board for several years and haven't really seen a company make these production style. I'd be willing to give the guys who make the first few orders a nice discount as you will be supporting the production order.

Let me hear your comments, concerns, ideas, yays and nays.

-Ed

The bolt spacing on TB i can get you the specs probably tomorrow... the manifold is not at my house right now. The pricing we are still working with as I want this to be competitive with the other manifolds on the market. I can only say for sure under 800 at this time.

Injectors... we can do whatever you want

TB from 65-105mm

The only test car I have is mine and possible one other local Houston Z car.

-Ed

Edit... i forgot to mention the runners are conical shaped not just straight.

Prices?

rb26 anytime in the future?

We are working on rb25 and rb26 manifolds.

We haven't done the prototype yet as i wanted to see what kind of specs you guys wanted from it. What kind of injector bungs you guys wanted, vacumn ports, runner length etc.

I'll get to work on coming up with specs.

the TB is the same bolt pattern as a toyota supra, I'll measure it tonight.

-Ed

From past indirect experience,,,, before you commit to anything put out a realistic price target and see what the reactions are.

You can say were going to make intake for car XXX and get lots of please do responses then when you publish a price,,,, even a very reasonable price all you will here is crickets.

• Administrators

You can say were going to make intake for car XXX and get lots of please do responses then when you publish a price,,,, even a very reasonable price all you will here is crickets.

Bullseye ;)

Indeed that is a very nice looking piece,along with a few others that are producing them. I'm a carb guy myself and I got to tell ya,I look at all these with a slight modifiction and 6 motorcycle carbs on there,surely I am not the only one! (not saying it's better than FI... just a possibility)

Looks very nice. Once you have a plan on what TB you will be offering, 60 -65mm would be cool ( I think bigger may be a bitch to drive?) it would be cool for the end user if they came with all the throttle linkages already done.

What engine is the 4cyl one for. Might want one for the KA. Is it possible to have a cast style etching to the finish?

that manifold pictured is actually an S15 intake. We are making S13 SR intakes on our first run, although we have a high demand for KA manifolds, we might do a mixed run.

I don't have any pricing on the L6 manifold because i don't have the specs finalized yet. I haven't really heard anything negative from what i posted... so I guess i'll design the L6 manifold after the stock one, copy the runner angles, probably shorten up the runners a bit. I know how alot of you Z guys are and i'm trying to get the price of this manifold down. I was going to plan on offering it to you guys without the TB flange drilled or tap. Thus you would get the manifold a little cheaper and you can use any TB you want.

Our TB's are an all aluminium construction that easily compare with 200-250 dollar throttle bodies on the market. We offer them in ANY size from 65mm-105mm.

The standard finish on this manifold is the nice shiney polished look you see. That wasn't special done just for pictures, that's how all of them are going to look. We will also be offering coatings for them to keep that nice shiney look.

I'm happy to see there is a decent interest in the manifolds. I'll try to get some pricing to you guys soon.

-Ed