HybridZ

Ls1 Mods To Get Into The 10's (phantom)

This a quote from PHANTOM.

I know you've addressed this before - what mod's did you make to the LS1? Cam, heads, LS6 intake, 90mm TB?

My stock LS1 is making just 311 RWHP so I'm curious what will give me another 100+ HP at the rear.

Bill

AFR 205 Heads (milled .010 to raise compression to 11.1 to 1)

TS&P 7.35 Push Rods

TS&P Cam 228/228 588/588 112 (deceint idle)

Fast 90 intake

Fast 90 t.b. (I wouldn't recommend, throttle sticks open by vacuum)

I would recommend Holley or Nick Williams

Ford Motorsports 36lb injectors

JTR 3.5 Cold air intake

Turbohoses air filter and velocity stack

SLP underdrive pully

JTR 1 3/4 Headers

3.0 to 3.5 mandrel stainless exhaust

Speed density tuned (no maf sensor)

Q45 diff swap w/ moser axles

LS7 Clutch (Z06 clutch gave out)

Aluminum drive shaft

Walbro 255 pump

Drag radials 235/60/15

I've given out my secrets.........

Joey

Learning to drive the car is alot of it. I used to drop the clutch from anywhere from 2-5k. Things brake and not a good launch. The car will have an initial bog. What works great is get the r.p.m.s up to 6-6.8k and slip the clutch. The car grips (no tire spin) and goes. The result is 1.5's to 1.6 60ft times and the end result is 10's!! MAS280 and ULISES can vouch for this. The AFR heads I got for 2k shipped from a guy from LS1TECH.

JOEY

P.S. ULISES don't get me started on your motor :burnout: We gotta go racing soon!!

Learning to drive the car is alot of it. I used to drop the clutch from anywhere from 2-5k. Things brake and not a good launch. The car will have an initial bog. What works great is get the r.p.m.s up to 6-6.8k and slip the clutch. The car grips (no tire spin) and goes. The result is 1.5's to 1.6 60ft times and the end result is 10's!! MAS280 and ULISES can vouch for this. The AFR heads I got for 2k shipped from a guy from LS1TECH.

JOEY

P.S. ULISES don't get me started on your motor :burnout: We gotta go racing soon!!

Hey Joy,

The Z is clutchless at least to race it wont hold.

I am going with the festiva soon,I just finished a big brake upgrade from a 1995 for aspire..We want to take it to the track before it gets the turbo upgrade...

Sergio,

will be interested in what you replace the stock clutch with. I am hoping mine will last a little longer than yours as I don't plan on racing it that much but I know it will give up eventually.

Mike

I'm going with the textralia,My bro said it has good feedback from the gto guy's,I think I will try it considering the feedback is good on a car almost twice as heavy as hour Z's....

I used the Exedy Stage3 with great success. Pedal effort was a little more than I'd expected, but it wasn't unlivable. I've heard good things about the Mccleod as well... My LS1 was pushing 386Whp and a heavy 3300# C5 corvette around and on a road course or at the drags the clutch never gave up the ghost.

Mike

Looks like you guys hijacked my thread and turned it into LSX clutch options!! O.K. I'll join the band wagon.... Both of my cars are running LS7 clutches. I've heard good and bad. We'll see what happens. My Z had the Z06 cluch. It started to slip at top end of the track (1/4). It did take alot of abuse. My RX-7 had a LS7 clutch and got damaged when a dowl pin came out of my trans. It wrecked the self adjusting part of the pressure plate. I've heard good things about the CARTECH clutch. Last time I called them, they were on back order. I've also heard good things about the TEXTRILIA, except that it is expensive

JOEY