HybridZ

ITB's with a twist

Hahahaha! Thanks Joel but I can not take credit for building it, just designing it! :)

Joel by the way, what is the distance from the head face to the shock tower? and the distance from lower Manifold Face to the shock tower?

Kevin

Kevin, as close as I can tell, with all these parts of mine assembled, we get 13 3/4" from the intake surface on the head, to the upper part of the taper on the shock tower, and 10 1/2" from the plenum bolt flange to the lower tapered part of the shock tower...

With those parts I sent you to mock up awhile back, can you figure these aprox measurements now that I've given a figure of 13 3/4 from the heads intake flange surface, to the shock tower?

If I mucked these measurements up, please advise and I'll try again for you.... :cheers:

• 2 months later...

Kevin,

I just wanted to chime in and tell you that I am very very impressed in your inginuity and design!

Everything was very very well thought out and your website, installation walk through, and photos of installs is amazing..

If I hadn't built my own piece of crap manifold, I would definatly be interested in your products!

One hell of a bargain, very well engineered and amazing customer service!

Now that stand off injected, turbo'd plenum looks amazing! Awesome work

Hey Mack:

Short Answer is no you can't get them without the Injectors holes, Sorry we run this on 2 Op's when machined and semi large runs to keep costs down, in the future we may do some without the IH, but not at this time!

They are available in single format!

http://www.extrudabody.biz/servlet/the-184/ITB-dsh-3850-dsh-Single/Detail

What is you application?

Unless your running straight Alpha-n those Fittings help ease tuning issues when your dealing with ITB's!

Kevin

Ill be using them on a KA manifold cut off with about 3" of runner left on it. then a base plate will be made and welded onto it and the throttle bodies will be installed. On the KA, the injector bungs are right next to the head and each KA runner has its own little vacuum port connected to a vacuum manifold right on the underside of the runner about an inch from the head.

Similar to This? He will be running 2 staged injection in this Rolla! High revving engines see a definate gain in Hp in the upper RPM Band!

Our Weld Plate was perfect for his Stock Manifold at 90mm Bore on Center, not sure what a KA is, but I believe the KA Manifold is very Close to this! If the Runners are all Parrelle or in a single plane to one another!

With us you would still need the IDF Base plates to mount the ITB's to the modified manifold for a couple of reasons! 1st the weld plate will deform after welding and have to be trued,

2nd the "welds" on a "ITB Plate you built" will interfere with the bolt holes used to except our ITB bolt pattern it's an interference issue with the Allen head holes on 95% of all manifold OD's out there! I'm sure it could be Clearance ground afterwards, but not worth the hassel when 3 plates cures the issue or does away with the problem all together!

Believe me 8 bolts to remove the ITB's from the manifold is lots better than having to remove 16 and worth every penny spent! :)

What you would need:

4 x 45 ITB's

2 x Couplings

2 x Base Plates

1 x THs-01 Throttle hardward

1 x TPS

1 x Balancer

1 x Spring Lever

4 x Block off's

1 x Weld Plate

4 x Air horns

4 x filters

Total $831.50

If you ran Different Filters and Horns it could be less of Course, or you may want to run a Plenum of some sort!

Any way Hope this helps!

l_3077b7d6db0b2fc6c3e775aa0335a559.jpg

Kevin

something similar to that, but Ill need 6 of them. its my frankenstein head of a KA head sectioned and joined to be put on an L series block, like 1 fast Zs. I think the KA has 96mm bore centers, so one would think that the runners should be 96mm apart. It'll also be turbo. I have an excellent fabricator and welder of all things metal (stainless, aluminum, sheet, pie sections) that owes me a few favors, so Ill show him your page and see what he thinks!

Im still researching options right now as this head/motor wont be done until early spring, some 3 months from now.

Ahhhhhhhh I see! Well in that case it may be worth it to build an ITB Plate and clearance afterwards due to the 96mm bore spacing! All our Base plates are 90mm or 120mm from the Weber!

Keep your eyes on our Wesite as we are working on CAST Plenum Covers to work with our Plenum Plates! They can also be used to build some trick Manifolds! We have the Plenum Plate below in 6 cyl. "Blanks" where the center has no cut-outs in it. It can be Bore for the 96mm on Center and radiused to funnel the air into the Runners! Like the 4 Cylinder below!

Covers will have 90mm ID Inlets! they can be Flanged for a Throttle Body as well!

We will also have Plenum Plates for the Popular Weber Spaced manifolds! Where the Plenum Plate bolts directly to the Weber Manifold on a DCOE Pattern, cover goes on, for a very good flowing Manifold!

We will have ITB "Extensions" in 2", 4", and 6" that will allow customers/engine builders to tune the Manifold for runner Length as well!

Lots of different uses for this new line of Products!

l_96b83392f9a0d3d42671300cd87633f2.jpg

l_437e8fd8b698ce4eea9f2cf0cea62a86.jpg

Kevin

• 2 months later...

Well I can Speak from a standpoint of 1 very important advantage!

Alcohol has 1 LARGE draw back, water is a major component of it's molecular make-up, hense the added 15% gasoline! You surely do not want to let it sit for long periods of time in a vehicle!

PROTECTION: Everything Extrudabody makes is either Anodized or Stainless, this includes the bores, Throttle plates, and the insides of the rails, fittings Etc, all aluminum components are encapulated with an anodize coating.

So with the corosive nature of this type fuel, the Extrudabody system will have advantages no other itb's will have! The only part in the entire system that is not protected is the 1/2 distance between the top of the injector to the inner bore of the fuel rail! Forgive us there, but we are simply just not large enough YET, to drill the rails then have them anodized! If we went to a multi-piece rail system it would just drive costs up, so it's a catch 22!

FLOW?: Something not to be over looked is the flow numbers, 40mm's flow 216.1cfm and 45mm's flow 292cfm each!

If the Economy were a little better, we could possibly know the answer to this question right Super Dan? :)

Kevin

thats exactly what i was looking for... im going to try it i think. i live in milwaukee and my town has 2 stations with e85 within a 6 square mile radius. the part you are talking about not being anodized is where the injector seats right? i have access to anodizing services that may be able to take care of this. i have the megasquirt and a fuel cell for alcohol to use. i have everything i need except your ITBs.

That's correct! The Injector Pocket in the rail, and the 1/4" distances from pocket to the inner bore of the rails!

It's easy to have them re-anodized! Just make sure they DO NOT OVER ETCH the Rail, as it can change the dimensions of the inner bore where the o-rings seat! With that said, you can always go to a custom O-rings as well to make up for any change in Rail bore ID and the Injector Pockets!

Are you looking at Turbo or Natural Aspirated?

Hope that helps!

Kevin

This is going to be a higher compression (11.5+:1). I've been toying with this idea for a while now since we have such a good supply of it up here, and its cheap, right now its 2.59 a gallon at the station down the road. You guys ever have sales or anything? Seems to be my luck as soon as I order something it goes on sale.