HybridZ

ITB's with a twist

I guess my quote didnt make sense..

Im thinking on the right page.. I edited my post and added $600 for ITB's (PLUS... I have to buy my own manifolds etc etc etc)

Kevin, s30zforce mentioned he left me a PM and voicemail, so dont worry that one sorry ;)

PrOxLaMuS: I checked Private messages and had nothing if you are referring to here?

Kevin

niiice...

I agree on the Alpha-N blend for ITB's. The TEC2 system we had on the Bonneville car was a DREAM off-idle with the PAFFZ-Blend software---used a blend of Alpha-N and MAP as the RPM rose. Much smoother than the pure-MAP based system we have on the thing now, but this one give us more power under the curve for whatever reason. Much more torque.

You think 7cfm per throttle is bad, try a Six Cylinder engine total displacement of 1998CC's breathing through 45mm ITB's...with a Bonneville Cam set up for shiftpoints in the 92-9500rpm range! Talk about no vacuum signal at idle....or off idle for that matter.

Alpha-N is the way to go in that situation, for SURE!

The Beta Program is for Applications we do not currently have running, which we do not currently have a Twin SU set-up running! You can see details of it here http://www.extrudabody.com/News.html

The ITB system utilizes base Plates which we have to mount to basically any Weber Manifold, but custom Base plates can be used as well! Just have to make sure the ITB bolt pattern doesn't interfere with the bolt pattern of the base plate! If in doubt send us a Picture of a Gasket or the manifold base and we can tell you!

Kevin

Hey Guys:

We are new and soon to be on the market help spread the word! New concept in ITB's where the whole system is Modular in design where the base plates are seperat from the Main Bodies, this allows us to manufacture main components and allows you the DIYer to build your own base plates or utilize our Weber base Plates! 40mm, 45mm, and 50mm!

Everything is Anodized or Stainless, we will also have polished too! RETAIL will be in the $99 per ITB Price range!

Website is www.extrudabody.com

The Test bed below is just an old Weber Manifold and have no Idea who makes it! We designed everything else in the Picture except the Bolts!

Please help pread the word!

Thanks!

Kevin

Datsun6_big.jpg

Does that tiny hose work well for the brake booster?

I would say no! Most of your older Manifolds that were ever fitted to cars with Power Brakes have a Brake Booster Port! If you look on the Manifold on #6 Runner you will see the Brake Booster Hose and Fitting, it has a "T" fitting in it to supply Vacuum to the Dash heater and A/C Components!

The Vacuum Log has a 5/16ths fitting in it, and as a last resort could be used, but you run the risk of causing the MAP Sensor Signal to not be steady!

Hope that helps!

Kevin

We are starting with 45mm then 40mm and then going to 50mm! Honestly I am not exactly sure what size they are? Sorry! Our SU Base plates are designed to be SU/Universal and our ITB bolt pattern is a "+" Pattern because most manifolds use a "X" Pattern to bolt to the Head or Crab Bases! The ones pictured on this thread will bolt directly to the SSS 510 Manifold, which is 3" or 75mm C to C on a 45 Degree Angle!

The 510 SSS Manifold is "Pictured" Bored to 45mm with a blending down in the manifold where the Ports divide! It cuts into the Water passage of the Manifold, so it has to be Blocked off at the Manifold/Head Junction!

To answer your question on the "bolt to a Z Hitachi manifold", they can be made to if they don't now! We can also make a 100 run of any Base Plate that we have a Market for, very economically! I will also make you a Set of Specific Base Plates if that's what it takes!

I see by your By-line what you do! Contact number is 850-835-1588 comes direct to my desk if you want to chat about a Dealership!

Thanks for the Interest!

Kevin

Thanks Kevin!! I sent you the Beta Program payment, and the rb26 intake and ITB's to use as a pattern.

We should have a working set up to show off to everyone, soon as you get up and running with the first batch of Extrudabody ITB's.

I can't wait to see how they look/perform on the rb motors...

Please keep me and everyone here updated as you progress with the fabrication of your ITB's...

thanks - joel

Hey Joel

Got the Message and sent you a reply on our Beta install Program think you will like what you see! :)

Thanks Mario!

Kevin