HybridZ

ITB's with a twist

Thought about applying David Vizard's full return, parabolic stack entrance shape to the opening, instead of a flat entrance with a radius? I believe it's in his book "How to Build Horsepower, Volume 2 - Carbs & Intake Manifolds." But I can 't find my copy at the moment!!!

I remember that with this entrance on the mouth of the "stack", the IR setup saw little loss in flow, and you could do away with length tuning. It's been a long time, and I may have this mixed up. I just remember it seemd like the thing to do if you couldn't run a total runner length that was optimal with a typical flared opening. Having the full radius on the lip of the opening of the flare (parabolic after that maybe?) minimized the loss, but letting the air NEXT to the opening come in easiest. A sharp edge at the flared opening (like the typical stacks you see on a lot of the very old long tube velocity stacks on Hilborn type V8 injector manifolds) is a flow loss.

Sorry for the brain fade - but is anyone familiar with what I'm alluding to?

I figure if you are CNCing the opening, just do it the best way for the air entering the TB as possible. I'll be looking for a cheap way to build these for the Hilborn injector I'm planning on using on my 400 cube SBC V8, since hood clearance is critical :D.

Well I agree with you guys on the 180 rolled horn Lip for a Normally Aspirated Cars and we have that shape of Airhorn in development, but mounting Filters to them is tricky hence a trade off!

We have also seen the same results as Ron Tyler has described with his "Plenum with Protruding" airhorns that show High and low pressure points inside the Plenum! We can't help but think that boost will only amplify these spots and that's why we chose the Plenum design with the flush mounted air horns!

Kevin

Kevin, I am REALLY interested in your product. I have a '78 280Z and have BOO-KOOO spark, but NO fuel to add to the fire---and new fuel pump is here and a fuel dampner is coming. A new MODERN EFI system would help me fix all that AND keep the awesome triple sound. I have TWO turbo blocks and three sets of manifolds, and a LD28 crank, ready for a turbo project or a stroker build.

If you were to offer a COMPLETE system for Turbo kits and NA kits, that offered complete electronics, matched injectors to your application, fuel management systems that are easily programable, I'd JUMP. I am mechanically inclined, however electronically inclinded, I AM NOT. :icon_frow The instructions would have to be idiot proof. :icon_frow

Mindcrime:

Understand you completely and if a Dealer who specializes in both the RB/L Series motor wants to step forward then a complete package could be a reality, unfortunately we decided from the begining Extrudabody would be a Throttle Body only Company!

If you are capable of building a Stroker Motor you should be able to handle the requirements of building a Efi system!

Kevin

Mindcrime:

Understand you completely and if a Dealer who specializes in both the RB/L Series motor wants to step forward then a complete package could be a reality, unfortunately we decided from the begining Extrudabody would be a Throttle Body only Company!

If you are capable of building a Stroker Motor you should be able to handle the requirements of building a Efi system!

Kevin

Good Lord above, I hate wiring!!!:icon50:

Wiring????????????????????? Hahahaha! That's why the good lord above made Beer and Friends, cause when you have one the other will get done! :)

They are simple FWD 18" wheels I bought of ebay with Cheap Nankang Tires! The Adapters are 2" thick with 4 on 4.5 to 100mm! It uses tuner Lug nuts! It's a simple test bed and we wanted it to look nice! It's not a Race car by any stretch of the means!

Be at Road Atlanta this weekend if anyone cares to see the ITB's!

Kevin

Wiring????????????????????? Hahahaha! That's why the good lord above made Beer and Friends, cause when you have one the other will get done! :)

Kevin

Well I only have ONE pal that might have a clue. He is a recent UTI grad (Phoenix, AZ) with a 4.0 gpa and perfect attendance, then was accepted into the Porsche Training program, and is now a Certified Porsche Mechanic in Chattanooga, TN. He comes home each weekend. If I can take care of the rust issues first to show him that I mean business, build my engine, and show him some of your bling, I might get his interest up. :-D

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey Guys:

The RB26/L28ET ITB Project has been revived, thanks to SuperDan here on Hybrid Z! Now it will have a new Twist and I'm sure he can answer these questions better than I can!

Here's a CLUE: Alcohol!

We now have the Injector Bridge in stock for Normally aspirated applications as well!

Kevin

l_266eb6194adbba486d72439130556f11.jpg

l_8cde8e02ef4d446d0da8293ded7f4b46.jpg

Well Thanks Joel!!!!!!!!!!!

We had someone interested in the 2JZ Motor as well! We would like to see if the Plenum Dimensions are close enough to work with the 2JZ motor as well if someone has a Manifold laying around that's not in use? We would pay the Round Trip shipping if we could borrow it for a while? :)

Kevin

• 1 month later...

Hey Guys:

We have been working our A$$es off the last few months and being pulled in 15 different directions from Porsche 911 engine builders to direct importers for manifolds, with this said the L28ET/RB26DETT base Plates are finished and the Plenum Covers will be complete very soon which should make you Turbo guys happy!

The Photo is before the last CNC Operation was completed, so the 4 corners will be round when completed. It will be Anodized clear of course before we are ready to ship them!

These may also fit other I6 Maniolds out there BMW, Chevy, Ford ETC, I just haven't had the time to see! The 2 to 3 and 4 to 5 Cylinder Bore Spacing on the base Plate is adjustible from 102 to 104mm which moves the 2 outside Pairs of ITB's in and out to fit different applications. We also have a Blank Base Plate that allows you to make a EFI Manifold! :)

Thanks for Looking guys!

Kevin

Extrudabody!

l_96b83392f9a0d3d42671300cd87633f2.jpg