HybridZ

ITB's with a twist

Well we are looking at a Diret to head fitment for the Ford and the Hemi Motors as they have Vertical Ports and they lend themselves to a easier adaptation of our system! You may want to check around caus I seem to remember some other Company building a X ram manifold for that Motor! Seems like I saw one at the PRI show in Orlando!

Kevin

Well we are looking at a Diret to head fitment for the Ford and the Hemi Motors as they have Vertical Ports and they lend themselves to a easier adaptation of our system! You may want to check around caus I seem to remember some other Company building a X ram manifold for that Motor! Seems like I saw one at the PRI show in Orlando!

Kevin

There are a couple of ITB solutions for the LSx motors, but look at spending well over 2.5k..... :( So if you could come up with a solution for less than that, we'll you'd have yourself a deal.

Tyson

Those Lexus ITB's are EFi Hardware from Aussie land I believe! Good Stuff in My opinion! The Tuner/installer needs lots more Accelleration enrichment in the Lower MAP Range to get rid of the BOG when they first hit them under WOT!

I have seen EFi Hardware before, that's why we are not Blue! :)

CASTING ALUMINUM:

Guys anytime you cast Aluminum if it is a Intriquit part it is usually investment cast! This means that a $50k to $100K injection Mold is built, and then Wax is Injected into the mold, out comes a Part that looks like the intended ALUMINUM part! The Wax Parts are then placed in a Circle and Casting Sand/Clay is then Pack around the Wax parts, The molten Aluminum is then poured into the Spru, the Molten aluminum melts and replaces the wax, what comes out is a Raw Part that has to be Machined! Extrudabody does away with these expensive steps and goes from raw extrusion directly to the Machine process!

Positives: Cheaper to build, Quality is higher due to tighter tolerance on Dimensions, can be anodized, 10 times easier to polish, and more customizable!

The Negatives: Sometimes no matter how hard we try we just can not be made to fit a certain Application!

Kevin

Hey Alex:

We are running 14lbs Bosch we picked up off Ebay form a Rebuilder, we sent him 2 sets of Toyota cores and he sent us a set of standard Bosch 14mm o-rings on both ends! Forgive me I do not remember his Company name! We wanted to try and duplicate a set-up like our Customers would! I believe he advertised $14 and injector to be rebuilt and Flowed! While this is not as good as New, it is real world circumstances!

Below is a RB26DETT Project we've worked on! Note: The Injectors can be Mounted over or Under the ITB's, this would also facilitate Staged Injection on those Real Huge Hp Monster Motors, helping driveability on the Street!! Stock Injectors or smaller in stock location helps Emmissions, "Ugly Word" torque, throttle Responce down low! And the injectors in the Extrudabody ITB's come to supplement the Motors Needs. The Additional Distance helps with High Hp with more time for Fuel Emulsification!

l_7856cd51dc138e5c0750c015d08bdb1a.jpg

It Bolts to the Stock Manifold! and uses a 2 Piece Plenum! As 240Hoke pointed out it can be modified to take the Bolts out of the Horns with some Horn Modifications! This type of Innovation is what we incourage!

Kevin

Alex:

If you send me a Torque Curve VS RPM Plot, I can Plug it in a Program we have that allows us to see where the "X" Injector Size @ "X" Fuel Pressure will be at Caution/Yellow level = 80% and Danger/Red = 100% duty Cycle! We can then Reccommend running X size injector at X Pressure to give the Best Idle while giving you the SAFE 80% Duty Cycle at WOT! We can do this for 1 Bar, 2 bar, and 3 bar MAP Sensors! On the 2 bar and 3 bar sensors we need to know what the boost is at what RPM.

For instance if your car is Lean at 6000 rpm by only 500ms Pulse width, and 5 to 8lbs of fuel pressure will eliminate this, then there is no need for new injectors, but without this knowledge some think that I need the next size larger Injector when it is not neccessary!

We can do a Print for you to see, it relates back to Kpa as well! It does CC's/Min to lbs/hr, it does lbs/hr @ Xpsi as well! Good tool!

Kevin

l_0cb276e771734e2f4e88449f1d6c4c9e.jpg

This Photo shows the same Torque Curve with the same Fuel Pressure with "Make Believe" 10lbs/hr Injectors, reduced static Pressure of course will do the same thing! It shows the MAPS Caution Points and the 100% Duty Cycle in RED!

Also if you look at the Orange in the MAP it shows caution points for Stable Idle!

Hope this helps someone!

Kevin

Extrudabody

l_32f3ecb4b01ae78da5348a5774121795.jpg

Thats what I call customer service!!

Kevin, I really appreciate how you have kept me 100% informed on all the various options avail with your ITB product for my needs.

I encourage any one else, thinking of using Extrudabody ITB's, to contact Kevin. He will fill you in on what can be done for your particular app.

With this said, I regret having to say, I might have to pull out of the great deal you've given me on a set up for my rb26dett motor, due to unforeseen personal issues.

So any one else thinking about trying these ITB's out on their rb motor, give Kevin a hollar.... he'll explain in detail whats needed for your app.

Here is a Better 3D Model of the Extrudabody RB26DETT Conversion! If we could get a Group buy of 10 Pre-sold we would build the the entire set-up as pictured. It would be a bolt on to the RB26DETT manifold! Trust me it would be very economical!

Few Advantages is has over Stock:

1. Throttle Shafts/Plates have a total cross section of 6mm "When Open" compared to the stocks 9.5mm, when Closed 8mm vs 9.5mm stock. This will free up flow in the ITB itself!

2. Makes Stagged Injection Easy for High HP Street Cars!

3. Can be upgraded to 50mm ITB's at a later date, if needed/Wanted!

4. 4" or 100mm ID Main Plenum Opening. Will flow more than a Q45 90mm TB Set-up if the motor can use it!

5. Recessed Airhorns in the Plenum!

6. Injectors can be mounted over or Under the ITB's!

7. Completely Anodized Clear and RED for the Show Crowd too!

8. Cool Factor above and beyond Stock Set-up!

l_c52ff7833ca320314cb3745a441fb37c.jpg

l_a78c3e31f443657ac8c4aa5c06abe859.jpg

Note: 3 ITB's are shown with injectors pointed up and 3 are Down to show how they can be Mounted!

Kevin

Thank you Kevin for all the information, as I mentioned looking forward to get my ITB's from you, and let every one in the forum the process from beginning to end, planning to do the complete conversion with pictures and explanation for those interesting, perhaps it could become a “sticky” . The link below, are pictures of the Z than I am doing the conversion from Mikunis to ITB’s.

http://album.hybridz.org/showgallery.php?cat=723

Alex

Hey Alex:

I can send you the Base Fuel Table, it's in Micro-seconds, but it can be interpulated to Milli-Seconds! Idle is around 3500 Miliseconds!

Fuel Pressue is 43 with just a stock Toyota FPR suspended from our Fuel Rail, the slide mounting system and an extra Rail Strut makes a Hand Mount for a Fuel Pressure Regulator!

Love the Interior, and I think of Recaro as the inovator of the Sports Seats! :) Good Looking car man!

Kevin

Hello Kevin,

Please, if you would at your convenience sent me the Base Fuel Table, Micro-seconds is fine for now (I am just getting educated of F.I. and its tweaking).

Thank you for the complement on the car, right now the Z is very "old school", although very fast and agile, I am not going to kill the look, just replaced few things i.e. suspension, few interior parts, etc...

Alex

Hey Z-ya

Private message me with a regular email address and I will send you a Copy of the Software! It's a wonderful Tool for what ever ECU you are using!

It was "I repeat WAS" a Company called Injection Logic! It was an American Company funded by a Tiawan conglomerate to build the Hardware/software for an EMMISSIONS based ECU and is running on several OEM brands in China now! I was there almost from the beginning! The Software is based in Excel and it's just to complicated for street and performance use, but it had to be to pass the Rolling Road Euro 1 and Euro 2 Emissions drive cycle test on a VW A2 Chassis, with a 1600 engine, where they took the single barrel Carb off and mounted a single injector throttle body! Running only a standard O2 Sensor!

Z-ya, reading some of your posts you should know big a feat that was and a testiment to how fine the resolution of Computor control is needed to achieve that! That's why it's in Micro-Seconds and not Mili-Seconds!

Software and Hardware will resurface in the near future, I have that on Good Authority! LOL! :) It will have the same Resolution, it will program itself to what ever A/F Ratio you choose, after a base program is downloaded, then set those MAPs to Hard memory. Has Single Fuel Line Control, it can also raise Fuel pressure under boost or when ever needed, built in Wideband control! Also has built in dash boards with instrumentation for your Woody with Woodgrain, Carbon Fiber, Brushed Aluminum, or Chrome for your dash mounted 6" x 6" Display! :)

My Good friend and Buddy Bought into the Company and will be releasing it in the Near Future!

Thanks Kevin

Hey Z-ya

Private message me with a regular email address and I will send you a Copy of the Software! It's a wonderful Tool for what ever ECU you are using!

It was "I repeat WAS" a Company called Injection Logic! It was an American Company funded by a Tiawan conglomerate to build the Hardware/software for an EMMISSIONS based ECU and is running on several OEM brands in China now! I was there almost from the beginning! The Software is based in Excel and it's just to complicated for street and performance use, but it had to be to pass the Rolling Road Euro 1 and Euro 2 Emissions drive cycle test on a VW A2 Chassis, with a 1600 engine, where they took the single barrel Carb off and mounted a single injector throttle body! Running only a standard O2 Sensor!

Z-ya, reading some of your posts you should know big a feat that was and a testiment to how fine the resolution of Computor control is needed to achieve that! That's why it's in Micro-Seconds and not Mili-Seconds!

Software and Hardware will resurface in the near future, I have that on Good Authority! LOL! :) It will have the same Resolution, it will program itself to what ever A/F Ratio you choose, after a base program is downloaded, then set those MAPs to Hard memory. Has Single Fuel Line Control, it can also raise Fuel pressure under boost or when ever needed, built in Wideband control! Also has built in dash boards with instrumentation for your Woody with Woodgrain, Carbon Fiber, Brushed Aluminum, or Chrome for your dash mounted 6" x 6" Display! :)

My Good friend and Buddy Bought into the Company and will be releasing it in the Near Future!

Thanks Kevin

Sent PM.

You can build an ECU to operate in the ns (nanoseconds) if you want, but the injectors will never open. So it all depends how quickly, from a mechanical perspective, your injector can open. The electrical part is easy. ps (picoseconds) is the standard unit of measure for digital design today. There are 10,000 ps in a us (micro second). Again, it all depends on how fast your injector can open. Most injectors cannot open quicker than one ms (millisecond). Older injectors can get "lazy", making the opeing time even slower. I can measure opening time for any injector if you like.

Oh I agree with you, in the software I sent you it has the orange zone showing caution for Idle below 1600 Micros or 1.6 Miliseconds, but when you can refine that opening time above 1.6 milisecond into 1000 increments then resolution is inhanced making it lots more fine tunable and a Headache too!

Make take you up on that!

Kevin