HybridZ

Wrecked Z Thread.

JustinOlson

Here was my old turbo 240z that Nelson bought. He sent me the photo today after I saw this thread and hit him up. It happened around Nov of last year.

His email said something like this:

Just tell em I had a date with a brick column (brakes locked up on sh@tty tires but that doesn't excuse anything)

wrecked_240z.JPG

Nelson sent me another one:

Here's a picture from when a lady pulled into me a couple years back of my 260 if you wanna post it too. Apparently God has an issue with me having a clean passenger side fender :P

This one cost insurance $3500 and they threatened to throw my Z to the dogs until I showed them insurance verification that it (at the time) had less than 100k miles on it. I lost a job because I wasn't willing to come back to Louisiana without my Z.

wrecked1.jpg

No pics, but in the late 80's my wife wrecked my beautiful blue 260z when the cat she had in the car with her got wrapped up around her feet. She pulled over to the curb to get the cat, and let her foot off the brake. She ROLLED into a 72 Corvette that had just gotten out of the shop from a previous accident. $3000 in damage to my Z, $7500 to the Corvette. The vette owner literally cried when he saw it.

Almost two years ago I got hit by an 18 wheeler in my 90 300zx. My fault. I didn't see his signal and tried to pass him on the right. When I saw he was turning I tried to stop and back up, but too late, got nailed in the left fender by his rear wheels. Was shoved into the curb and destroyed my passenger side suspension and beautiful 350z wheels. It was 6 months before I could bare to face fixing it. Once I got it back on the road it wasn't two weeks before I punched it a little too hard in a turn, lost the rear end, and nailed a curb with the right rear tire, and wrenched my lower control arm. That was a yet another humbling experience.

I sold the ZX last month and picked up my 4th S30 in 20 years. This one I promise to be more careful with (fingers crossed).

Guest ProjectZ

I didn't wreck it, but this is sitting next to my garage right now...

Datsun%20007.jpg

The son of the guy I bought it from wrapped it around a telephone poll. Spare parts car. :wink:

• 4 weeks later...

This happend July 13, 2002 and I spent the better part of a year in a wheel chair from it. Got run off the road by a lady in an Ford explorer, and when I got it back on the road I T-boned the end of a concrete bridge. I couldnt have gone stright it droped of into a river. Shatterd both femurs, lower left leg broke in 10 plus places, torn MCL and PCL in my right knee. Three rods and 14 screws later I still deal with it alittle to this day. I gotta go tommorow for a check up and to talk about getting some screws out that are giving me trouble.

PANA0024_thumb.JPG

PANA0025_thumb.JPG

PANA0026_thumb.JPG

PANA0028_thumb.JPG

PANA0029_thumb.JPG

HOLY SH*T TOMBRACER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That looks horrible, very glad you made it out alive though. Man that is insane that thing is destroyed! If you don't mind me asking how fast were you going for that amount of damage?

Tyson

No I got to stay awake for the whole thing. The lady responsible left the secne. I was going 35-40 when I hit(swear on the life of my mother). I had stopped just before to let some cars into to a lawn party and was just going into 3rd. I spent a year in a chair and had to learn to walk again, still cant run/jump/etc. Some of the guys that have been around for awhile on HybridZ might remember. A Thread where abunch of them donated money to help me out, still to this day I couldnt thank them enough!!

Tom after hearing your story in person and now seeing the pictures all i can say is DAMN, its worse then i imagined it...you truly are lucky. i know its been a while but i am amazed at how well you are doing I would have never guessed you had so much titanium in your legs.

Well some of 26lbs is comin out, just went to the doc today. July 17 I go to get two of the 4" screws out of my knee that are causing some inflamation. Im actually happy about it, this should take care of the pain I get when I keep my knee bent.

Well some of 26lbs is comin out, just went to the doc today.

Wow, nice diet though. I think we should get a deposit back or something.

It's sad when reading these, that you want to just hit the other car. At least you will have a responsible party.