HybridZ

What cars have exhaust behind the front tires stock? Need proof for inspection.

280zwitha383

The freaking DOT of texas website clearly says you can have the exhaust out the back, top, or SIDES of the passenger compartment. On top of that there are factory cars that have the exhaust behind the front tires (aren't there?!). So, can you guys give me a list or even pictures of these cars? Maybe I can take my car somewhere else and if that's all they say I can whip out some pictures (articles in car and driver would be awesome) and say what about these.

Guest Death69

hmmm do you mean infront of the rear tire or right behind the front tire. i only know of cars that have side exhaust thats in front of the rear tire like old cobras

• Administrators
hmmm do you mean infront of the rear tire or right behind the front tire. i only know of cars that have side exhaust thats in front of the rear tire like old cobras

If it helps, the early Dodge Vipers also had side exit exhaust, just ahead of the rear tires. Off the top of my head, they are one of the more modern production cars to have side exit exhaust…

Exactly. I really thought there were more cars with exhaust like that. I haven't taken the car to an inspector but the one I did talk to said it was a no go and needs to exit atleast close to the rear tire. If everyone tells me that I might get the mercedes dealership to write me up something and show it to the inspector(s). If that doesn't work I will just buy some flex pipe and run a straight pipe for some homemade side-pipes (and I might even keep them). One guy on here showed me some pictures of his and it doesn't look too bad (painted).