HybridZ

My Z was stolen!

Guest SlickSW20

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pimp my ride i would hurt someone, but overhaulin would be pretty cool. foose never does anything ricey, the paint colors are usually pretty good, and the motor gets rebuilt or a brand new one thrown in. i wonder if he would do a hybrid if they took the car and that was what the owner planned....can you imagine them scrambling to get that done in 7 days??? plus a paint job, etc? that would be a fun show to watch.

Pimp my ride for my crappy ass daily driver ... sure ... I strip it of all useful parts, ebay them, sell the car and buy something better ...

Overhaulin' and a Z car ... would love to see what Foose would do ... he's always doing some super nice stuff, keeping things in the sprit of the cars and owners desires. Just seems these days you need to be the poor slum friend of someone famous to get your car on the show (at least the ones I have seen recently).

Guest SlickSW20
GREAT NEWS!!! I really hope that nothing missing. I know for a fact that i would be crying if ANYTHING is missing. Lets all hook up one day and watch each others back and work on each other cars or something.

I was actually planning on rebuilding my carbs this weekend, before the car got swiped. If I get the car back, I'll let you guys know when I'll be workin' on it...you're more than welcome to cruise over.

Did it ever cross your mind that your Z could have been on overhaulin?

Can't say it did...I didn't see any TV cameras hovering around when I left to go to work yesterday AM and noticed I no longer had a car! :P

Guest SlickSW20

So I went and checked the car out today...

THE ONLY THING GONE WAS MY HEADUNIT!! There might've been some other minor things missing like some CDs and my bluetooth headset, but the important stuff - the Recaro seat, the Momo steering wheel, the rims and tires, and everything in the engine bay - were all there and intact!!

The car's on its way over to Z-Whizz in SD to get the motor and trans inspected, but it's looking good so far!!

ITs really a good thing that who stole it didnt know jackshi+ about cars. I was afraid that the rims and seats would have been gone. People usually steal the car and get it TJ to never ever see it again. good thing kids dont know anything about S30's woot woot!!

Guest SlickSW20

Yeah, the first thing I thought when I saw that the car wasn't where I left it was "well crap, there goes the brand new seat."

When I got to the impound lot and saw it was still there, I was in total shock. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the motor and transmission to still be in good shape...I do find it really odd that the guy would steal the car just so he could take the stereo, though. Hopefully he didn't beat the crap out of my car.

FYI, when we picked up my friends stolen Z from the Police back in 1995, the hidden kill switch was still off. The whole time, the car was not driven. It was towed or flatbedded the entire time it was stolen! Nothing was even missing from it...except a quarter window.

Glad to hear that you got the car back. I used to own a house over there on Capricorn right off of Westonhill, my Z was never bothered but when I moved out for overseas duty, I rented the house to a friend whose Honda Civic was soon stolen....so I let him use my Z....I think Mira Mesa is a hotbed of car theft. Now I live where you can see TJ, I have three Zs on the street and zero problems, G35 Coupe has the garage. It sounds like you car was stolen for its stereo not the good stuff. As for San Diego Z car owner meeting? There is a get together of Z car owners every first Tuesday of the month at the Denny's on Clairemont Mesa BLVD 7PM. A few of the 350 owners also meet at Qualcomm for Race Legal events. Tomorrow a group is meeting at the Sizzler in Ramona for a drive to Borrego, the meeting time is 8:30AM. If you want to take a run come on by.

Guest SlickSW20

I really can't help but laugh over the whole stereo thing...it wasn't that expensive of a headunit (I think I paid maybe $300 for it 2 years ago), I didn't have any amps or expensive equipment like that hooked up, and he didn't even touch the door speakers (which, again, weren't really anything special). I'm inclined to agree with you guys that say he just took it for a joyride and grabbed the stereo because it was easy (he unplugged the harness, didn't do any wire cutting)...but then he used gloves and had the forsight to remove the license plate and toss it in the back, so obviously this is something he's done before.

But yeah, having my car stolen is one more strike against Mira Mesa in my book...I really don't like this area much. The real kicker is I'm only parking on the street temporarily; I'm moving into a new place in about a month, and I'll finally have a garage space for the Z.

Once I get the car back, I'll try to make it to some of those meets. I'd like to meet some local Z owners...maybe I'll drag my buddy and his '07 350 with me.

I HATE MIRA MESA....aka manila mesa. lol. I hate that area. Sounds like a good plan so we all can meet everyone. If everyones free at night we all could go to Fuzion just to show them kids how we do it dam s13 and s14 all over the place( j/p). lol. I've hear about the Z club which meet every first monday of the month... but I dunno seems like not my thing. I've seen there news letters seems like old people. no offence Dragonfly I want to see your car too, looks GREAT.

well if you ever see a gold Z with a black hood that'll be ME woot woot

I've hear about the Z club which meet every first monday of the month... but I dunno seems like not my thing. I've seen there news letters seems like old people. no offence Dragonfly I want to see your car too, looks GREAT.

There are some older guys but they add the stability to the club, adding in young new members would be great. The news letter is not indicative of what the club is all about. New blood brings with it new ideas. The bottom line is that the club is there and welcomes all Z owners regardless of age. It is a great place to meet people who love to drive, restore, race or modify their Zs.

Guest SlickSW20

I've tried to get in touch with the SD Z club via their website, but their forum's been down longer than I've owned my car. Any word on when/if they're ever going to get it fixed?

I've tried to get in touch with the SD Z club via their website, but their forum's been down longer than I've owned my car. Any word on when/if they're ever going to get it fixed?

You are so right about that. It is a real embarrassment, at meeting it always seems to be excuses on why it is not up. I am not complaining because I don't know the first about website maintenance but if you volunteer to do something do it. So the answer to your question is "hell if I know". :-D There is good to report, the run to Borrego was good, 3 510s joined the trip, one turbo and two V6s. Only one S30 all the others were S35s.

Yea I heard that run was great. not into riding with big groups. Since my motorcycle mindset is still up all the time (hate mid to big group rides). the only reason i kinda dont want to go to the SDZ is cause if you "join" you gotta pay?? When I went to bike nights. meet up at mira mesa where jamba juice is every wensday it was fun but cocky people and we didnt have to pay. If i had to pay I'd rather just stay on the board and meet some of the hybriderz knowledgeable people and fun as well. just my 2 cent