HybridZ

My ZG flares are on!! PICS

big-phil

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looking damn good as usual phil... might wanna throw a fresh coat of rattle can paint on that air damn to give your car a lil cleaner look for the time being.

The rock chips are tearing me up! I was thinking the same thing. Plus I hit some retread on the highway, and cracked the lower lip of the airdam

Hey phil looks good, But i think the rear flares may be a tad low.

The way i was shown to install the flares on the rear was to try and pickup where the inner fender well would intersect the rear 1/4 at is highest point then go 1/4 inch above that. That should line the rear fenders up with the fronts so they follow the body line. I dont have a perfect picture to show you what i mean but look at mine. The purpose for the flares is to be able to run wider tires and also lower the car. you cant do this without cutting the 1/4. Most do this is by cutting the 1/4 panel and match it up with the inner fender so there there is nothing to rub on with suspension at full travel. At any rate here is a couple pics of mine which where installed by a body shop in japan. See how the rear flares are actually above the door handle.

7903watts.jpg

790300_00025.JPG

7903watts_side.jpg

In this picture the rears look to be below the door handle.

10712205255.jpg

Can you get me some closer pics? If they are too low, I need to fix it now.

I was trying to match Austin's hight of placement.

I was thinking the same thing :). I think in one of the post on Austin's thread on how to mount ZG Flares, John C from Beta Motorsports showed his picture of how he mounted his flares and its pretty detailed. Here it is! He went alittle bit above the door handle. Hes also running wider wheels and tires though

RODatLVMS.jpg

I was thinking the same thing :). I think in one of the post on Austin's thread on how to mount ZG Flares, John C from Beta Motorsports showed his picture of how he mounted his flares and its pretty detailed. Here it is! He went alittle bit above the door handle. Hes also running wider wheels and tires though

RODatLVMS.jpg

That pic shows it all, I'll raise them for sure!

You should first lower ur car then mount the flares the way you think they look good. I think the rims he has are 17's and they also much wider than yours so the flares are much higher. Plus it depends on how low the car is going to be.

-Jt

Yea, I think I'll lower it first. Thanks guys

http://s32.photobucket.com/albums/d39/golfg60gti/?action=view&current=sideviewzgarch.jpg

I mounted mine after lowering the car, they are as low as I can get them...when I corner hard with a passenger in the car it rubs slightly on the flare. Mind you I didn't want rock hard suspension...only have 14" 150lb/inch springs on the back but my dampers are adjusted hard. Also my exhuast drags when I drive over sleeping policemen! thats the UK name for speed bumps :)

http://s32.photobucket.com/albums/d39/golfg60gti/?action=view&current=sideviewzgarch.jpg

I mounted mine after lowering the car, they are as low as I can get them...when I corner hard with a passenger in the car it rubs slightly on the flare. Mind you I didn't want rock hard suspension...only have 14" 150lb/inch springs on the back but my dampers are adjusted hard. Also my exhuast drags when I drive over sleeping policemen! thats the UK name for speed bumps :)

Sleeping police men haha. I finally mounted the front. I think I did an ok job. Took me awhile to decide how high, but I think It should be fine. I taken a look and notice that one side was alittle higher than the other. Kinda dissapointed me since I had a practice front before I actually did it. Its like a 1/4 inch difference, but I can see it!. Heres the picture. Hopefully when I mount the rear, Ill be ok. By the way Phil I think you should be ok. I think you could still tuck those wheels under with the flare mounted like that if you cut. Stony thats a sweet looking Z!

Hey Phil,

I am rereading your posts and didn't see if you mentioned what suspension you are running . Stock springs?? Just trying to find out if the 245's would hit stock perches with the sportmax.

thanks

Yes stock for now. No rubbing

Thanks Phil,

that is some exciting news. I don't want to go coil over if i can help it since i have ST springs and new shocks. I might consider cutting my quarters for zgs though. That 245 fills to ZG's just fine in my opinion. Folks that go for the rota rbs(maybe me) will get another 1/4'' WITH THE -4 offset