HybridZ

anyone know who built this?

Rhnmsf

Wayne is correct about the car and it is a pretty cool ride powered by a 350 V8. I think the guy did a small burnout when I was there. I think the guy grafted the Z to a 4x4 (Toyota or Datsun) pickup. I like this particular 2+2.

Davy

I believe that if you take the complete suspension form a Datsun 4X4 pickup that it bolts in same suspension mounting locations. I read a sight that said this several years ago so I can’t be sure that this is a fact but with having seen more than on I would suspect it is not to far off being a bolt up swap.

I believe that if you take the complete suspension form a Datsun 4X4 pickup that it bolts in same suspension mounting locations. I read a sight that said this several years ago so I can’t be sure that this is a fact but with having seen more than on I would suspect it is not to far off being a bolt up swap.

Bolt up swap? I don't think so. There is no way that leaf springs bolt up the the strut towers.

I would agree that it is pretty simple in that you take the cab and bed off the frame, then you cut where you need to to fit the Z shell on the frame and make it fit from there, but it's not even close to a bolt up swap...

Looks like it has a pretty decent departure angle. Hood sticks out a bit far in the front though...

ok, you guys are all wrong. I talked to the owner a couple of years back at the Zs by the Bay show. It's actually a nissan patrol chassis (aussie chassis) that the car rides on, and he drove up the car from socal for the show.

No ass kicking, this is hybridz.org

ok, you guys are all wrong...It's actually a nissan patrol chassis (aussie chassis) that the car rides on, and he drove up the car from socal for the show..

Ah, so I was close Datsun = Nissan (sorta). That's good enough for me. At least I was quasi-right about something.

Although it's not really for me, the swap looked pretty good in person. It's not a shameful thing, like a 240Z on 35"'s as stated above...

Davy