HybridZ

New headlight conversions for 240,260,280Z's

chepito

Guest 280ZForce

this isnt anything new as I've had them on my car for 2 years now... I think I sparked the interest on here for others to do the HID projector conversion, not to take credit or anything lol. But I had mine before the American companies decided to make kits similar and borrow the idea from the Germans, as I got the prototypes from Germany.

Sealed Bi-xenon HID Projectors...

IMG_1312.jpg

Ive been kicking around the idea of sealing in the headlight buckets and molding them to the fender. Then using small OEM projector type lights mounted behind the grill.

I always loved the look of sealed headlight buckets (done right) but always thought the fullsize headlamps behind the grill stood out too much.

Id like to see some conversions also though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello,

I've searched this site and the HID sites and I'm still not sure I understand how to make this conversion and what to use. I'm using a G nose with covers over the light buckets. The wiring harness will be custom so it can be updated to support all the proper bits and pieces. I understand the balast,relays, transformer but...

Can I convert the 7" headlamp bucket to hold the projector (like a 90mm Hella unit) with an adaptor, wire it up, seal it up and call it a day? I like the looks of 280ZForce's set up a lot.

Thank a lot for your help.

Al Keller