HybridZ

Rear engine VQ35DE

280z-racer

Just got back from the west coast nationals a little while ago and i have to say i was blown away by this. it was a 240Z with a complete FWD VQ35 and 6-spd from a maxima mounted in the rear. the guage cluster, steering wheel, and console and dash were all swapped as well. it looked pretty sick, when my camera comes back (left in the car), ill post some pics.

The car laso had a centeral post and pivot that was driven down by an electric motor onto a pad on the ground. In the engine compartment was a boat trailer jack with wheels on the bottom and an electric motor. With the center pivot down the car could be spun in a circle using the powered boat trailer jack.

The builder and owner (Seb?) is the same guy who swapped in a VQ35DE from a 350Z into a 240Z and made a 4wd 240Z. He is the ultimate HybridZ'er.

Guest 280ZForce
Lower? I thought it was on jack stands in the picture.. Damn that thing is lifted, and its totally ruining it for me.

It does sit a lot lower...here's some pics I took earlier in the show with the car on the ground and not on its built in hydraulic lift...

the car is obviously still in progress...

IMG_2645a.jpg

IMG_2643a.jpg

IMG_2641a.jpg

IMG_2644a.jpg

• 3 weeks later...