HybridZ

well the rb25det is in and i gots pics :)

scottyMIz

well here is where i am at now, This is before i put on the rear sump pan. Look at how well they build these engines the crank caps are all hooked together!!

Photo_050507_001.jpg

This one is after the pas was on and the stock turbo was still on it

Photo_050407_003.jpg

Here it is with my hybrid turbo on it

Photo_050507_003.jpg

Another shot of the hybrid turbo

Photo_050507_004.jpg

First test fit

Photo_050607_003.jpg

extended tranny mount(used the skyline trans mount and z crossmember)

Photo_050607_002.jpg

Photo_050607_001.jpg

after its all in trans mount welded and turbo clocked

Photo_050607_007.jpg

Photo_050607_008.jpg

Photo_050607_009.jpg

I had to mod my down pipe i got from scottiegnz

Photo_050607_006.jpg

Photo_050607_005.jpg

here is the turbine side of my turbo it's a full t4 wheel in a t3 housing

Photo_050507_005.jpg

tranny difference rb25 trans on the bottom l28 trans on top

Photo_050507_007.jpg

all the fabbing except the ic and driveshaft are done, I have the exhaust all done mounts all done and shifter in. I have to work on the wiring now. Time to stick my nose in the fsm for the rb25 and see what wires do what :)

Posted this at zcar too so if you wander over there you'll see this again ;)

specs are .70 A/R on the compressor side and on the exhaust it's stock .68 A/R but it's been machined out top accept the full T4 turbine. I am not sure what that would make the A/R prolly some formula how to figure it out but i not that good at mathmatics ;) Think the wheel is a 60-1 not totally sure tho but she boosts like a motha on top end now. I ran 25-30psi on the L28et with that turbo it's internally gated of course but i am thikning of getting kenny's manifold and an external gate and put the full t4 housing back on. What are your turbo specs? the ebay on vs the gt30 you have?

the ebay turbo's an xspower joint t3/t04e 57 a/r compr. 63 a/r exhaust, oil bearing

the gt30/71r is 60 a/r compressor, and i'm not sure but i wanna say 63 a/r exhaust, dual ball bearing

i can run 18 psi safely and break 400, but my profec b is turned all the way up and it'll only get 12psi on low (312hp) and 17psi on high, cause i'm running an 8lb spring in my tial 38mm external w/gate. if i put a 10-12lb spring i shouldn't have a problem. really though if i had more than an safc2 for tunability, changing nothing, should be 420-430 with torque a little under the hp numbers, but i can't add/pull timing unless i get better eng management. if anyone's selling an apexi power fc for rb25, lemme know so i can buy it lol. keep us posted on the progress....we're timing you now :P

thanks guys, i just got the aluminum cut to size at the local machine shop and i am going to mock it up tonight and maybe get i welded this weekend. I have a question for the rb gods, i searched and didn't find much on the intakes how important are all the water passages in that intake? I looked at some others they the don't have so many passages and i figured while they are welding on it they might as well clean it up. There is enuf plumbing on this dang engine to do a house!! :D I hope to have her running by next weekend. But time will tell seeing that my side jobs are beggin for my time too and that gets the custom parts made for me :)

hey jersey, how u been? i try to call and im but u are so busy i never get ahold of you ;) i am going to document the wiring for those of you who are using haltechs i'm not sure if anyone has or not. So far i think i got the cps hooked up right it's reading 180rpm on cranking with the starter so that is a good thing. I don't have a big enough hole in the upper water manifold so i am going to try and use the nissan sensors. I swapped the oil sending unit already and i plan to take apart the harness i made already for the haltech and change the layout to fit the rb better. I tested the compression yesterday and got 190 to 200psi across the cyls so i was happy to see that. Went to get oil and a filter yesterday and realized i had no clue what filter would work on it so he tried looking up a skyline course no luck so he gave me one from a 300zx and it worked just fine on it!!! I want to figure out the ignitor that came with the motor and i am going to relocate it so i can grind off the nubs on the coil cover and make it smooth. All in all its going good now all i have to do yet is the intake which i have mocked up just need it welded the ic should be in tomorrow and the piping should be in on thursday so it might be a reality of hearing this old girl run by next weekend :D oh yea i wanted to add that none of this would be happening right now if it wasn't for the help i got from my lil brother justin(not my real brother) he always helps me on my cars and this time he helped me more than he should have. He was suppose to be finishing the body work on another car but stopped to help me. Friends like that are one i a million.