HybridZ

Avoided a wreckless last night

badjuju

I'm driving around seattle in my 240, down lake city way. My girlfriend is in her underwear (sweet), and we're just driving to my place. A mark 3 jetta pulls up to the light, the kids inside are staring at the car, so i figure wtf, i'll just hit it a little. i leave them a couple car lengths behind at 30 mph, and at the next light i asked if it was a 4 cyl or the vr6, he said vr6, thank god... lol

(side note: right when i spool up i get this great power loss, i have about six hours of tuning before it's perfectly running, i've no laptop with a serial port for msns-e :( )

at the next light i just drive like normal, and i look behind me and there's a crown vic, with XMT plates tailgating me.

I pull over, as my girlfriend hurredly grabs for her shirt. I said "no, put your pants on, leave your top off, don't let him see you putting your clothes on." so she puts her pants on, trying not to let him see her moving much.

he walks up and says "it's a lot louder than it is fast"

my first reaction was to say "F*ck you! wanna race? f*cking cruiser" (though my performance against the jetta proves that i wouldn't have stood up to the cruiser, i know)

next he tells me it's wreckless, regardless of not going over the speed limit.

now he shines his light at Morgan and says "whats your story? you tanning? it's too dark to be tanning" (as she's in a pair of pants and a bra)

to which she replies, "no, just hangin out, is there a law against driving around in a bra?"

I hand him my papers, license, insurance, reg, all that, and he goes and sits in his car.

20 seconds or so later i hear his radio again, meaning he opened his door, and there was no way he wrote me a ticket in 20 seconds, so i'm happy at this point.

he walks up and says 'i'm not gonna give you a ticket cause by the look on your face it's obvious you didn't know what you were doing was against the law. you probably figured that you weren't speeding so it was okay, right?'

"absolutely! i had no idea, i figured it wasn't against the law since i wasn't speeding!"

"right, so i'm gonna let you go now, and no, there's no law against driving around in your bra"

'well her first instinct was to put a shirt on but i didn't want you to think there was something weird going on in here'

"well i didn't think you guys were having sex while you were driving, though i've seen that before. have a nice night."

then he drove off, and my heart started beating again.

I asked why he pulled me over rather than the other guy and he said it's a toss up, and sometimes they both pull over, and other times he pulls one over and chases the other down and comes back, but he's not really feeling like "wrapping that jetta around a telephone pole tonight"

he was a pretty nice guy, lol

I've talked my way through probably 12 tickets in my 5 years of driving, but all for crap like i'm driving my parents car and i didn't know the headlight was out. i'm driving my dad's pickup and the valve cover is leaking oil on the header. i'm down in ghetto ass kent with a bad tail light. all kinds of crap like that. This is the first time i've been pulled over for something legitimate and not gotten a ticket for it.

This makes up for the one time i got a ticket: 65 in a 60. I no longer feel cheated.

I'm driving around seattle in my 240, down lake city way. My girlfriend is in her underwear (sweet), and we're just driving to my place.....

we're gonna need pics to verify the viability of this story.

haha, seriously tho, good job on not getting a ticket

I've been pulled over 35 times in the last 4 years. I've talked my way out of all but 6. I've even some how managed to talk my way out a 50 in a 30 zone where the sheriff actually said word for word "Why in the hell were you blatently disregarding the law?!?"

Good call on telling you're girlfriend to leave her shirt off. He probably would have accused her of not wearing a seat belt if she had put a shirt on.

I'm not sure about the laws in WA, but it would have been hard to make that reckless stand up in court if even HE agrees that you werent going over the speed limit. Especially if the speed limit is 30mph.

Around here, he probably could have made "Exhibition of Acceleraton" stick in court. He pulled you over cause you "won"

You did a good job, and you got lucky he wasnt a real prick.

Glad to hear you didnt get a ticket

Having sex while driving in and of itself is not illegal...however, if it causes you to loose control of the vehicle...well, thats another story. All the Ofcr. did was run a 28 & 29 on your plate which only takes about 45 secs; and when that came back with no priors you were good to go. And what happened to you is not out of the ordinary...whats really funny is when you make a traffic stop...the girl is in the middle of handling business, and refuses to stop...Oh yah, seen that a few times too. The look on the guys face is a Kodak Moment, thinking...I'm going to jail, I'm going to jail...LOL Only in Californication!

whats really funny is when you make a traffic stop...the girl is in the middle of handling business, and refuses to stop...Oh yah
Hahaha, yeah, I've heard some stories from some friends who are cops, that's gotta be pretty funny! Akward, but funny!

LOL the wide eyed smilie is perfect. I'll post a pic, lemme find one she won't flip out at. It aint gonna be in her undies, I'll tell ya that, but a bathing suit is close, neh?

she says "i'll pick it". expected. I guess I'll post one when she gets back to me on that.