HybridZ

aftermarket tach help

I never have gotten my tach to communicate accurately with my 350 so I am going to buy one. I would like it to fit in the stock location. Has anybody figured this out? If so, got part numbers?

I think I have seen a thread about this but couldn't find it.

Thanks

Jeff

Oh man i got the big tach 5 inch is it from autometer . So i took out the stock tach but left in the spacer/beauty ring the black plastic thing that spaces the tach back from the dash .

So what i did is this is cheap duct tape the tach to this peice . It covered the face perfectly nobody noticed or could even see the tape . It even had the controlls for for setting rpm limits . Granted it set back about 1/2 inch further then the tach but still looked good it is a autometer sport tach large size . No pics sorry .

Jason

Autometer Sport-Comp and Pro-Comp should both 'fit'....

Dash.jpg

Wow, so the 5" gauges fit....they look great. Nice steering wheel too, btw. My car will be a straight line car, but it will still have a Momo steering wheel.....can't beat the way they feel, can ya?

HICKL,

I went with a Stewart Warner 3 3/8" Maxium Performance tach. I had to remove the clear plastic cover and fab a plastic ring which is glued to the stock bezel and holds the tach in place. I like the 3 3/8" guage because it puts the face of the gauge in the basically the stock position. I think the 5" gauge sits too close for my liking.

PM me if you would like some photos.

Tom

A question here and I know I should search this but I have to ask....You guys who put the Autometer 5" gauges in what did you do with the turn signal indicators and the brake warning light? not use them?...I know there is a thread for this, there has to be, it all has been done before right?

Greg

Bartman, I have seen that photo before, the gauge combo looks awsome, good work. Thanks for posting up the part number on those. Did you end up using the 'optional' LED lights on the speedo and tach?

I too have wondered about turnsignal indicators....

Bartman, I have seen that photo before, the gauge combo looks awsome, good work. Thanks for posting up the part number on those. Did you end up using the 'optional' LED lights on the speedo and tach?

I too have wondered about turnsignal indicators....

The Autometer LED's are really expensive. I went with some that I got of eBay for about two bucks each and I think they are the same one's that Autometer sells for a lot more. I got a few small lights from Pep Boys that I installed in the dash between the Speedo and Tach for my brights and turn signals (you can't see them in the pic because it's dark and they're not lit).

Hopefully I'm not over-posting the pic.:icon52:

Thanks Bartman, I know I read a thread about a year ago about others who relocated their turnsignals and high beam indicators but couldn't find anything by searching for "turnsignal" I look somemore, If I can find the thread I know there were some pics.

thanks,

Greg

Thanks Bartman, I know I read a thread about a year ago about others who relocated their turnsignals and high beam indicators but couldn't find anything by searching for "turnsignal" I look somemore, If I can find the thread I know there were some pics.

thanks,

Greg

Greg here is David's solution

tuffz_turn_sig_hi_beam_pod.JPG

Shameless plug of my dash

Picture_0661.jpg

Thanks Clive! David's looks almost factory, how did he do that and what is the plastic piece he used or fabricated? Did he do a thread on that fabrication?

Are those buttons on your Momo or your turn signal indicators or both?

Those gauges must of cost some $$$, very nice! Is that another gauge just to the left in the A/C vent??? Clever idea!

Thanks,

Greg