HybridZ

More Detail on TitaniumZ's Car

innerfender.jpg

Mike

Any insight regarding the effectiveness of the openings in the rear of the inner fenders? I have installed fender vents, and I am interested in adding similar openings if they will help remove engine heat and/or provide other aero type benefits.

I'd recommend doing a comparison on the data on his car to the other mods, and then decide for yourself.

Maybe we'll also get Mayolives' car in the tunnel next time. It has a rear difuser and other tips and tricks to test!

Mike

That is what I thought it[the side skirts] looked like.

I had drawn up a similar idea a while back but it got blown off by somebody...

So filling the wheelwell with an inner fender like this should help the wheelwell not become a parachute. Thus one of the many things on this car to reduce drag...

The holes in the core support were somewhat restricted in the tests.That's how the car has been run.After seeing what was going on during the tests,they are now closed off.I'm also making the opening in the nose smaller,but adjustable.Running the car at Roebling Road in June will provide a great climate to find the smallest opening that'll keep the engine from completely melting.An APR Wing is on the way to assist matching the rear downforce to the front.

TitaniumZ Good job on the Z! Thank you for allowing wind tunnel tests to be run on it and sharing the information. Your Z is highly innovative, nice ride man! While I’m at it thanks to everybody who was involved! Hope I didn’t get to far off track. Got a few questions as I am still trying to digest all of this wonderful information. With the side vents being feed from the “holes†in place of the battery the air transitions through the ducting, and out to the lower pressure outside of the car. As underneath the hood is a high pressure area and the difference in pressure causes a “vacuum†effect thus sucking the air out the side vents correct? However as you have the inspection cover vents directly above these that allow air to exist and thus relive pressure (or at decrease it locally) isn’t the efficiency of the side vents decreased? Or is their something I am not seeing? Or is their relationship mutually beneficial? Also have you seen a difference in running temperatures since all of the aero mods if so how much? Once again thank you to all involved I hope in someway someday I can contribute something as profound as this to the site. However in the mean time ill just try to get my z running well, and listen and learn.

I believe we could still use larger vents in the top of the hood to decrease pressure further.The side vents being closed off increased drag,but had little effect on downforce.Thus,the vented inspection covers do not hurt the side vents.Closing off the hood/inspection vents really hurt downforce.You can see this in the tests.The nose cover was installed about two years ago.It helped everything including cooling.Summer or Winter;the temp runs 185 degrees.A rare occasion of smaller is better.However that's not what she said.

I'd recommend doing a comparison on the data on his car to the other mods, and then decide for yourself.

Maybe we'll also get Mayolives' car in the tunnel next time. It has a rear difuser and other tips and tricks to test!

Mike

I agree Mike. Would love to see his car tested.

• 2 weeks later...