HybridZ

wangan midnight animated series

Guest Death69

Guest Gensaiken
Do you have any pics?

Jon

I don't right now but I'll take some pictures tonight. The only thing about it that was mentioned by my friend was that it is only really visable at night (the subtle change you made with a stock lense and a euro) and that only a datsun person would know that something was diffrent. I guess if you got the euro lights its an easy mod but might not be worth the money since the euro lights cost a lot now.

I should mention this was done on a 510.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Gensaiken
Oh I thought it was on a Z. Could you still post pics though, I really like the 510's too.

Jon

Yeah, I don't own a Z. I'd have done it to it if I did. It was suprisingly easy to do.

In the light.

DSC08629.jpg

In the dark with lights

DSC08630.jpg

Lights blinking

DSC08631.jpg

Lights off

DSC08632.jpg

Gensaiken, that's exactly what I was thinking. Just divide it internally. I'm planning on sectioning a clear lens and orange then combining the two. I think that would look cool, but a bit expensive buying lights to cut up.

Guest Gensaiken
Gensaiken, that's exactly what I was thinking. Just divide it internally. I'm planning on sectioning a clear lens and orange then combining the two. I think that would look cool, but a bit expensive buying lights to cut up.

Yeah, I did this on a set of not so good marker lights. I have a set of NOS euro lenses and taiwan knock offs as well as a mint set of stock marker lights. Since I had a box of stock front marker lights that no one was buying I decided to modify a pair for this wagan Z style marker light.

It was suprisingly simple to do but the main trick is that the euro lenses have a small piece of metal to seperate the two housings. I'm sure anyone could cut a piece of sheet metal to make them but if you buy euro housings (possibly knock offs) it will likely have that piece of metal in there. I just don't know if it is exactly the same on a Z or not. I'm sure it is but you never know.

Other than that it is just a matter of putting a solid piece of plastic to keep the two sides divided. Which came in the form of a piece of a broken marker light for me.

I've been thinking, some of the Devil's Z's backstory seem to take inspiration from Stephen King's "Christine". Like, how Akio becomes obsessed with it at first glance, even though it was in junked condition when he found it. And then he starts spending all his time working on it (haha, or that's just the nature of being a car guy) and how he refers to the Z like a girl and that they care for each other. But also how the previous owner died in it, and it always seems to recover from damage it takes.

The eerie soundtrack, with the piano music, is a nice touch too.

I've been thinking, some of the Devil's Z's backstory seem to take inspiration from Stephen King's "Christine". Like, how Akio becomes obsessed with it at first glance, even though it was in junked condition when he found it. And then he starts spending all his time working on it (haha, or that's just the nature of being a car guy) and how he refers to the Z like a girl and that they care for each other. But also how the previous owner died in it, and it always seems to recover from damage it takes.

The eerie soundtrack, with the piano music, is a nice touch too.

Ha ha my friend and I were thinking the same thing. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Only if people don't piss off the guy who was nice enough to sub it last time. He released a subbed version less than 1 day after he got the raw, working all by himself, and someone STILL had the nerve to say "could you please release faster?"

Stupid kiddies ruin everything.

Only if people don't piss off the guy who was nice enough to sub it last time. He released a subbed version less than 1 day after he got the raw, working all by himself, and someone STILL had the nerve to say "could you please release faster?"

Stupid kiddies ruin everything.

Yeah I think he is doing a fantastic job.. not that I know what he is translating is really what is being said or anything.. but.. It sure is good to me..

Guest Gensaiken

Guest Gensaiken
Just watched it today. I noticed the S31 (280z) console and dash in Devil Z . When Aiko made a down shift racing the R32. Could it be a mistake or is it actually the S31 with S30 taillights?

consoleqk1.jpg

dash2mw2.jpg

Yeah, this show makes quite a few small mistakes. In the opening the lights on the blackbird are round lights screwed in to a goove on the bumper but in every other scene it is the same square looking lights.

They need to do a little more research and keep their eyes open to mistakes! :mrgreen:

PS: such an ugly shifter knob for such a nice car... such a shame.. :lol:

anybody know if the subs are out yet?? or even know if OMFG is working on it??

I've been checking everyday. I'll post it up as soon as I find it. I believe OMFG is working on it but like us all, I assume he has a job and other things going on.