Show your Z car sketches/drawings/ideas/off-the-wall stuff

OlderThanMe

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

mopar... I am not a big fan of the hood (I6 for me) OR the wing, OR the 2+2, all for primarily aesthetic purposes. However, the lines for the rear fenders that you put on that car turn the 2+2 body shape into something I have NEVER seen it... the wing and hood are neither here nor there. My point is (strictly speaking aesthetically) that is probably the nicest 2+2 concept I have ever seen! It somehow evokes the huge rear fenders from say, a 70s corvette, without looking REMOTELY like anything but a Z. In fact, it looks more like a 2 seater Z should than many flared 2 seater Zs...

bah, im just babbling my opinion away. Nice drawing!

I actually like the hood quite a bit. It looks quite a bit like the design I've had in mind for my Z. I also like the way you've reduced the size of the grill opening by connecting the headlight buckets together. Very simple, and still very much looks like a Z. I may end up copying this if you haven't patented it yet..... :)

Thanks for the compliments. On the spoiler, it was kind of a last minute thing. I couldnt get a whale tail or some other kind of normal spoiler to look right so I just drew that.

As you can see from my sig, the drawing has the same kind of grill my car has minus the connection between the headlight buckets. Hopefully this summer Ill be working on some of these concepts on my parts car. Maybe I can get a 2+2 so EVERYONE likes it.

BTW my parts car doesnt have a engine so the hood isnt a problem. :)

• 1 month later...

Datsun roadster...

b139106009.jpg

Sort-of a study on different little things and also unfinished. I will probably never finish it though.

BTW I'm picking up a pair of RAF goggles and leather cap for driving around town.

I'll also most likely end up with a little more windshield.

Sort-of going for a minimalistic look there.

Off the wall stuff, I'm a big fan of print graphics (letterheads, business cards etc.) so here are a few I've done in Illustrator. Opinions/modifications are always welcome for constructive ideas, etc.!

Thanks,

Tyson

Hey Tyson, I like the creative direction you're going on :-)

I like the old legionary motifs and decorative ornaments myself, as well. Soft spot for them because I find the intricacy and process of designing such items is a lost art.

A thing you may want to try with the drop shadow is to give the offset an X and Y value of 0, lower the opacity a touch, and blur it up a touch more.

that will put it directly behind the item. drop shadows themselves are getting to be last-decade ish. it's sometimes overused and looks novice. I don't use the dropshadow feature as a drop shadow, i use it as a reverse-glow.

try it out, you may like it!

Raff

I would like to paint my body this way , What do you guy's think. But maybe blue red and white.

I like it with the blue and red idea...

The BRE paint scheme has always been the "right" retro race scheme to go for, because THEY used so many permutations on the theme that WE get to use our own unique takes on it... and while they all look practically the exact same, there are radical differences between them all too.

Me, I want a nice off white paint on my 75, with a BIG red rising sun on the roof, with the blue bar through it, no datsun lettering. Identify myself to friendly aircraft :-D