HybridZ

Sport Max 002 wheels falling apart..

Im not taking it a bit hard. I agree its a cheap wheel. But the company should stand behind their product or at least offer a fix.

Maybe because ive worked retail during high school and college for the past 5 years.. like Home Depot.. and its just expected that a company stand behind their product.. or at least leave the customers satisfied.

A wheel is a wheel.. i dont really give a crap lol. Ill sport the no rivets and take some pics. Im just pissed at the management

I dont want to get political but it's just a sign of the times. Low cost, low support, high expectations. Like the big automakers squeezing their suppliers every year to lower the cost of goods...eventually it fails. We can just hope it doesn't fail on our clock.

I think the wheels will still look fine without the rivets. I was actually thinking of removing mine so that I could paint the rivet-rim to match the wheel center color.

wouldnt adding ss allen bolts add weight to the wheel (aka outside diameter?) or better yet throw the balance of the wheel way off if the bolts dont weigh exactly the same? talk about huge balancing weights on them......... dont know much about autox but thats my .02

Cheap wheels + track day = disaster. Get some good quality cast, steel, two piece, or three piece wheels. I use Panasport cast, and Centerline two piece on the track. Steel wheels are fine, but can be heavy. You can get a set of Centerlines cheap, and they are super strong. I paid $98 each for 16x8 direct from Centerline. I don't care about the style, I just want strength, and light weight.

The rivets are totally non-functional and the wheels actually seem pretty well built when examined closely. For $99 each, I laughed all the way to the bank and can now put slicks on the Panas. I still would not hesitate recommending these for street use.

i have my track tires on old enkei wheels from pick&pull.i have spares for these but not a full second set.so i would get a new set of wheels for the street.the brake pad material comes out of the brakes and burns itself into the wheel coating anyway.

• 3 weeks later...

Another thread left hanging. So what did you wind up doing with the wheels. There is a lot of folks around here ordering these wheels that would like to know this info---please. I personally am on the fence with these wheels. I can deal with a small defect, but is there any other suprises.

Thanks for your time

Steve

Another thread left hanging. So what did you wind up doing with the wheels. There is a lot of folks around here ordering these wheels that would like to know this info---please. I personally am on the fence with these wheels. I can deal with a small defect, but is there any other suprises.

Thanks for your time

Steve

+1