HybridZ

Vildini cradle vs whitehead performance

jessejames

Hi there, what are your experiences with the vilidini and whitehead sr20 cradles? I spoke with Greg at whitehead he mentioned that with his cradle you have to adjust the hoodlatch other wise the valve cover will get scratched up by the hood latch. Is that true of the vildini cradle too? I'm planning on buying within the week. Any info would be helpful.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is the sr20 cradle just for the engine or does it come with a tranny mount also? I am looking for engine and tranny mounts that are already made. The shop that i am having do all my work says it will be significantly cheaper if I can locate these items.

I picked up a motor cradle and a transmission mount from whitehead. It cost me $450 Cad. The motor cradle looks similar to the Vildini ones I've seen in pics. I've test fitted it in my car and its a tad small. This was a prototype that Greg at Whitehead made for me. If i have time i'll take it back and have him adjust it or I'll weld something on both sides to make it fit. I'll post pics this weekend. Greg's cradle uses the L24 motormounts NOT the sr20's.

On a seperate note, i'm having issues test fitting the motor. The sr20 oil pan catches on the stock crossmember. Maybe the lean angle is wrong. I'll play with it more this weekend. Where has everyone else picked the motor up from. I took the hooks off the L24 and bolted one up to where the transmission meets the block, and the other one to where i could on the front.