HybridZ

Sign in if you own an s130!

007max

Here is mine. It has been sitting for the past 5 or 6 years. I just started using it as my daily driver (very limited driving). Its a 1983 NA with only 73,000 miles.

IMG_2709.jpg

IMG_2714.jpg

IMG_2710.jpg

IMG_2677.jpg

IMG_0742.jpg

IMG_0763.jpg

The headlight covers cracked so I removed them and I think I like it better w/o them. Can anyone guess the car in the last picture?

You must be racing in a class that doesn't allow aftermarket air dams, those bumpers are HEAVY!!!!

im changing classes next year i get to lose them for tube frame bumper to mount the imsa wide body kit i took off a z earlier this year ive already fitted the hood and rear spoiler and i like the z32 seats in the red 280zx

2271690_132.jpg

2271690_155.jpg

2271690_189.jpg

well actually the body kit was on the car when i bought it...the only stuff i really had to do to the car was a high flo cat and exhaust, paint, clear lenses, new hood, rims, and window tinting.

how much did the paint job cost you?

you got it! But nope, only 2 rotor... Still lots of fun!!

My plan was to start driving the Z so that I can have more time to work on the 7, however now that I have been driving the Z I have become addicted to it and find myself wanting to play with it more than the 7.

Here's the latest update to my car, just got it back from the paint shop yesterday. they still gotta buff it, but i think it turned out pretty nice.

S8300001.jpg

S8300002.jpg

S8300004.jpg

Id love some input!!

Lower it! But it looks great. Nice color choice on the paint. Are those the 15" or 16" Sportmax wheels?

you got it! But nope, only 2 rotor... Still lots of fun!!

My plan was to start driving the Z so that I can have more time to work on the 7, however now that I have been driving the Z I have become addicted to it and find myself wanting to play with it more than the 7.

welcome to the addiction z-ya later

They look good. There's quite a bit of wasted space on the inside though I bet. -69 with a 8" wide rim is only going to be around 2" of backspacing, when the car can handle 5" of backspacing EASILY, and possible around 5.75" of backspacing without rub in the front.

That's easily an extra 30mm of tire you could be running. What tires are on there, 225? 215? Even if they're 205 wide tires, you could be running 245 easily with a 9" rim.

With a +10 9" rim you'd have 5.4" of backspacing, which I'm pretty sure would clear just fine. And it'd actually bring the tire IN about 1.8", and your currently setup looks like it might rub under extreme shock compression.

I'm not trying to be a jerk, just letting you know in case you didn't.

• 3 weeks later...

hey guys i just posted in the no tech forum and hughdogz pointed me to here. here is my new addition,just picjed her up today,so now i got two zs :) here she is, gotta change the wheels tomorrow tho :D

SANY1004.jpg

SANY1003.jpg

SANY1007.jpg

i had to save her my buddy was talking about taking her to the scrap yard.

100k miles still runs like a top everything works, just needed an ecu and alternator(buddy accidently hooked the batt up backwards when he tried starting it after being stored).