HybridZ

just got my rotas

How big of a spacer is required? Did you get them straight from Rota? I was hoping that a spacer wouldn't be needed in the +04 offset. I will be getting the 16x8's or the 17x8.5's in the hyper black. That is, if they ever get around to making them in those sizes.

yea got them from rota. im still measuring and researching what spacer is going to be needed. after looking over the back side of the wheel. it almost looks close to 5" of back space. still measuring everything over and over again. the problem is they when ill put the rubber on its going to hit my coilovers and not enough threads on studs

If you have to change longer wheel studs, you may think about changing thread sizes and go from 12 x 1.25 to 12 x 1.5. Sombody on this forum did this and I wish I had. It just gives you a much larger selection of stud lengths and lug nuts. I was disappointed with the quality of Gorrilla lugs. Summit brand looks to be the same, but cleaned up a bit. McGard stuff is much nicer. Heavy chrome plating and they chase the threads down before you get them.

If you go to much longer studs you have to remove the stub axle on the back to get them in, kind of a pain. There needs to be a word/phrase invented for all the stuff you have to do to a car when you modify anything, "additional engineering fubar" or something like that.

Are you sure you didn't get +12 offset 15X8 wheels? That would make sense since the back spacing looks closer to 5".

http://www.rotawheels.com/rb.php

Justin

The wheels do say e04 which would mean an offset of +4, correct? I do not understand why these wheels would not fit better than this, and he is even running coilovers, 4mm is very small, just look at a ruler, something does not make sense???

I do realize that the label says +4 offset. I was just logically trying to figure out why these wouldn't fit better. According to Rota's inventory, they currently have 15X8 (4X4.5) in +4 and +12 offset.

You can see the current inventory here:

http://www.rotawheel.com/AVAILABILITY.htm

It looks like they finally have the 16X8" RB's in stock ( 4X4.5 & +4 offset)

Justin