HybridZ

No love for Z31?

theZman

:mrgreen: found that somewhere on the web

attachment.php?attachmentid=3126&stc=1&d=1183776836[/quot

That was in 1994 when this 1985 300ZX Turbo owned by Jorge Lazcano from Puerto Rico runs in the low 8 sec with a VG30. Today he is currently running in a 350Z chassis with a VG30 DETT in the mid 6 sec at more than 215 mph in the 1/4 mile.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you got a link for more info on that Z hitman? or proof that it's running the vg30et? I'd love to confirm that it is.

Let me see what I can do for you my friend because that was in 1994 and that car is no longer around. So I will try to get info and pictures of the car. Right now one friend of mine is working in his Z31 and he already is making 649.07 rwhp and 577.24 tq in his street friendly car with a VG30ET. I am also working in my Z31 with a VG30ET but my project is under construction right now. Im hoping to get around the 600+ rwhp keeping his street friendly manners and the A/C and P/S, lets see what happen my friend.

you guys should start moving up to the larger blocks to make some bigger horsepower if you got the skills and resources to pull off power of that magnitude with a 3.0 litre.

Have you considered the VG33 blocks with VG30DETT crank machined for Z31 VG30 accessory drive?

:mrgreen: found that somewhere on the web

attachment.php?attachmentid=3126&stc=1&d=1183776836[/quot

That was in 1994 when this 1985 300ZX Turbo owned by Jorge Lazcano from Puerto Rico runs in the low 8 sec with a VG30.

I call doodoo with that modified hood and what looks to be an intake hose right in the middle of it. Also, why would they call a 9 year old car "ol' school"?

I call doodoo with that modified hood and what looks to be an intake hose right in the middle of it. Also, why would they call a 9 year old car "ol' school"?

Sounds pretty legit to me, not many front engined cars that can do wheelies without some serious power. Puerto Rico is kindof known for low buck fast cars too, which would explain your modified hood and intake... not that either of those have any impact on how fast this car can be...

Edited by Drax240z

you guys should start moving up to the larger blocks to make some bigger horsepower if you got the skills and resources to pull off power of that magnitude with a 3.0 litre.

Have you considered the VG33 blocks with VG30DETT crank machined for Z31 VG30 accessory drive?

What does the fastest street legal z31 run for an engine? I believe that's the vg30et outta 1SickZ's car :icon10:

IMO the money is better spent elsewhere unless a. you're doing an n/a build, or b. you got teh hookupz with a machine shop/parts supplier.

What does the fastest street legal z31 run for an engine? I believe that's the vg30et outta 1SickZ's car :icon10:

IMO the money is better spent elsewhere unless a. you're doing an n/a build, or b. you got teh hookupz with a machine shop/parts supplier.

A better question would be how fast would the fastest street legal z31 be if the engine was a 3.5 litre VG33 block :burnout:

Hi my friend. Right now we have a VG33 engine block in the engine stand. We are planning to start working with the engine maybe in august because I need to finish my other engine first and also my brother in law RB engine, so I got a lot of work to do, so lets see what happens. Thanks for asking.

you got a link for more info on that Z hitman? or proof that it's running the vg30et? I'd love to confirm that it is.

Hi my friend. I just check with the man himself and this is what I found out:

He runs 8.70 in the 1/4 mile with the VG30ET. Later he puts in a VG30DETT but with a single turbo set up and runs 8.04@170mph in the 1/4 mile. Then he adjust a little further his Haltech program running a best of 7.82 in the 1/4 mile.

My Z31 has been eating rear tires. I asked a guy on AZCC what was up because he had the same problem.

Apparently the Z31s naturally have negative camber. He suggested new springs. I'm starting my turbo swap on my S30 this week so I've not had time to do much research on the Z31. Grrrr Hybrid takes up all my internet time! :)

Got some new tires on the back wheels today, let see how long they last :/

Hi my friend. I just check with the man himself and this is what I found out:

He runs 8.70 in the 1/4 mile with the VG30ET. Later he puts in a VG30DETT but with a single turbo set up and runs 8.04@170mph in the 1/4 mile. Then he adjust a little further his Haltech program running a best of 7.82 in the 1/4 mile.

The VG can put out serious power if you are willing, SOHC and DOHC alike.

My Z31 has been eating rear tires. I asked a guy on AZCC what was up because he had the same problem.

Apparently the Z31s naturally have negative camber. He suggested new springs. I'm starting my turbo swap on my S30 this week so I've not had time to do much research on the Z31. Grrrr Hybrid takes up all my internet time! :)

Got some new tires on the back wheels today, let see how long they last :/

Yeah, the rear camber is a big issue for the z31's. Even with stock new springs they have some amount. There are a few fixes for it, but they all involve removing the rear crossmember, most of them cutting/welding.

Yeah, the rear camber is a big issue for the z31's. Even with stock new springs they have some amount. There are a few fixes for it, but they all involve removing the rear crossmember, most of them cutting/welding.

I figured that. How long do tires last for you?

I heard a guy, that told me, they got a couple of pairs in a junk yard of Chevy Lumina springs and weld them together in pairs an then cut them to the correct height and fit and they eliminate the camber issue. I never see that my self so I can tell you if that was true or false, but some other guys claim that he wasnt lying and his car was doing 1.58 in the 60 feet without camber issues.