HybridZ

No love for Z31?

theZman

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I've come across an 88 N/A 5spd for a song recently. Needed a clutch and fuel pump, and the interior works, but runs simply FABULOUS since I put those in. Everything works and the stock radio is surprisingly good.

I'd rate the 88 as easier to drive in stop and go traffic and better for long distances with its higher gearing (and far better mileage), but I still like the way my 82 2+2 N/A drives in the twisties. If my 280ZX was a 6 speed, there would be no contest, but the 300ZX does rule for buzzing around town.

• 2 weeks later...

I own a 76 s30 but am looking to pickup a z31 with bad engine (timing belt I think...boo-hoo) and slight side damage for 400 bucksa and I just happen to have a friend who has a VG30E that I know runs strong. I am very excited. The S30 is my favorite car I've ever owned, but it is a beast and I'm looking for something a little more civilized. Will keep you posted.

• 2 weeks later...
If you ever need Z31 parts I have a whole car minus the shell and seats, I wanted the Diff. since it's an 87 turbo and the guy was moving, he wouldn't sell me only the Diff. I have the dash, electric struts, rear sub.frame, complete uncut body harness, engine with turbo and uncut harness.

The guy bought a stolen/found car at auction to put it in a 510 but, ended up just restoring the 510 cause it was to clean to butcher up...

Anywayz me like Z31s and wish you all the best in your project.

Keep us posted.

I need both front fenders (and that rear diff. if you ever wanna sell it?)

I just picked up a 87 z31 turbo, today runs and drives came with extra parts too. EVERY THING except the engine, trans ecu and related FI parts is for sale. I'm posting an ad right now make an offer for what you want.

I know a guy here in florida looking for a good body for his engine. What do you want for the whole car? (minus your already listed items of course)

• 2 months later...

I've been with the Z31 for about 10 or more years now. all 86 model years. I've had 4 of them. My latest is a 86 N/A auto. It is in storage now for the winter. I am currently building a VG30ET with a GT3076R turbo for the car and will be doing the Auto to manual swap when I swap the motors.

Oh yea, I almost forgot. I run XenonZ31.com and Xenons130.com