HybridZ

I have

CalifaThugz

a girlfriend that is 15, I'm 14 years old. I've tried taking her out a couple of times to the movies. She's my girlfriend, but her mom doesn't let her. She's my neighbor. Her mom doesn't even let her be alone with me for even a minute always one of her little sisters has to be with us. My bro which is 18 is dating her sister which is 17 and she doesn't mind that at all. They can go where ever they want. I'm thinking maybe she had done something wrong in the past? Her brothers say she is crazy around guys, but it doesn't seem that way when she's with me. She's calm all the time, and everything but I don't know... Anybody here because I believe almost everybody here is older than have any advice on what I can tell her mom for her to have confidence in me? I mean I go to church every Sunday with them... Since my family, but me is really religiously affiliated. I went even before I knew their daughter. I like her a lot, and she cried when I said I was moving, but she didn't let me finish my sentence because I rapidly noticed her eyes got teary. Oh, the sentence was I'm moving my stuff to my other room. Advice please! I know some of you here are killer with the ladies. :cool:

Hey dude...

If you have the right girl then you will learn to deal with it and apreciate it when you are older. Trust me here.

Before explaining my reasons and getting your thread sent to the tool shed...

I believe that that is the best way for a relationship between young-uns (not unlike myself)... :-D

Just be courtious and talk with the parents often so they get to know you.

You don't tell them to trust you, you use subliminal messages over a LONG period of time to make them like you.

Just so happens that My girl's mom used to drive a 77 280Z... Boy was I lucky there!!

OTM

Thats true... I mean she knows me good, her mom likes me a lot, but she just doesn't trust me around her daughter all that well. I guess I have never really tried to talk to her parents that good. I mean I've tried, but then all of the sudden we get interrupted and we stop talking for a good while.

Dude its not you its that your a 14 year old male with raging hormons that she's worried about. She's just being a parent, LOL. As for why she trusts the older couple, who knows. Maybe its because the older sister has proved to her mom that she is responsible and wont do anything stupid like get pregnant at 17. I wouldn't take it personal that the mom doesn't trust you two together.

Guy

Some day you too may be blessed with a daughter. You will then have the answers to all of your questions. My oldest daughter is 12 and is rapidly discovering that she likes boys. Take your time and just enjoy your time with your gf. It sounds like her mom is doing her job, being a parent. If only more parents would keep such a close eye on their kids!

Jason

i know EXACTLY how you feel. when me and my gf started dating i was 18 and she was 16. well...i turned 19 two months later. before that her mom didn't have a huge problem with it, but when i turned 19....damn things changed. we have now been together for a year and a half. if you like her as much as you say you do, stick it out and deal with it. it gets better as the parents get to know you, but until you earn their trust, buckle up cause it's going to be a BUMPY ride

It's probably not you, man. Sounds like her mother has a hard time letting her 'baby' grow up. For example, I've been married, divorced, and in combat, but when I'm home I'm 16.

It's definitely going to be tough, and might not even be worth it, but you're going to have to either prove yourself to them by being an adult, or ignore them and go wild. Whichever way you go, make the best of it. You only live once, remember, and most people here would give up anything they owned to be a teen again. Christ, I'm only 23 and I wish I was 15 :

Also, do things for YOU, not for her parents.

I agree with everything everyone else has said. I had to deal with parents like that when I was your age and dating. It's just how things work at that age. I distinctly remember being 15 and dating a 16 year old whose parents wouldnt let her date. As a result we snuck around in my highschool and fooled around. Looking back, I can completely understand why her parents were so protective. It's because as teenagers we aren't really making decisions with our heads, but with our hormones. Wait things out, take it slow, have a good time and enjoy the relationship while it is light. People always told me that my teenage years would be the best of my life, and now I can understand why. Don't stress and enjoy life

BTW congrats on owning and working on cars at your age, it's a very good thing. I remember being on here at your age and I learned quite alot.

So basically enjoy life as it comes, have fun with what you have not by what you want or else no fun in that? I completely understand what some of you are saying about not letting your daughters date. I too am a bit over protective with my little sister she is 11. One day she got bit by an ant in her neck and I have completely forgotten about the next. When she came home from school I went ballistic. =] Thanks guys. I know I'm young, I've had like 4 girlfriends, I'm a bit picky not by looks but by personality. As I said I'm young, but I think she might be the one.

• Administrators

Being married 19 years, father of 3 daughters, (oldest turned 15 today, middle daughter is 12, youngest daughter is 2 ½”, and we are discussing having a 4th child, though at our age?...). Our family is also quite dedicated to our local church, (my wife is the youth leader and my oldest daughter is well on her way to holding an office in this church in the future). From what I’ve read and understand of your posts, I wouldn’t worry about it too much. Depending on the age of the kids, and also their personality plays huge role in what decisions and choices we parents let our kids make on their own without our guidance or intervention,, i.e. the length of their leash will vary. My oldest has a crush on one of the boys in our church, a year older than her. He is a good boy, makes wise decisions, etc, but she does not date. They hang out at church, we invite him over to the property on occasion, he helps out driving the tractor, getting the motor home ready for camping trips, or just hanging out watching movies with us. As parents of teenage daughters we make an effort to chaperone as much as we can, but we also know that the girls need a little room to be able to make their own decisions, (how else are they going to learn and grow as young women?), and depending on the situation, we will discern the best we can with our life’s owner manual as our guide, how big and intense her young lifes lessons should be, i.e. actually participating in the role of parent without being overbearing.

Your situation could be similar in that her parents knowing her personality and where she lacks judgment in making prudent life decisions, are keeping a short leash on her giving her more time before they allow her to make those sort of decisions on her own, (did that make any sense what so ever?)

Take care and God bless,

Paul

As I said I'm young, but I think she might be the one.

Well now you just lost any sympathy you might have had from me.

No, at 14 she is NOT "the one". You are going to live 5 or 6 lives between now and the time you are 20. Believe me, neither one of you really know who you are or how you are going to look at life in a few years.

Maybe you need to step back from girls for a few years on concentrate on who and what you want to be when you grow up.

All this talk about going to church....Maybe it was the environment in which I grew up, but the first make-out session I had was in my church's parking lot. Hmmm, Youth Group was indeed fun.

I agree with you x 10000! Lol damn i miss youth group!

As I said I'm young, but I think she might be the one.

What in green tarnation makes you think that god put "THE ONE FOR YOU" in the same hometown as you?

Of the 8 billion people in the world, 4 billion are women and your basing your decision on "THE ONE" that lives next door?!!! Go to the mirror and slap yourself silly. I could be totally wrong too. But thats my honest opinion.

• Administrators
What in green tarnation makes you think that god put "THE ONE FOR YOU" in the same hometown as you?

Of the 8 billion people in the world, 4 billion are women and your basing your decision on "THE ONE" that lives next door?!!! Go to the mirror and slap yourself silly. I could be totally wrong too. But thats my honest opinion.

Doc,

I love reading your view on things. Great perspective, and always humorous.

:mrgreen:

no offense, but that doesn't make any sense until you're about 17... heh. until then he will look back a couple of years from then and think to himself "damn, i guess that guy on the internet was right".

anyway, don't stress it out because that's nothing. When I got with my first serious chick her mom saw me holding hands with her the first night we hung out as a couple and her mom went so furious THAT THEY MOVED THE VERY SAME DAY WE GOT TOGETHER! LOL. I really liked the chick so I made it work out even though she lived around 25-30 miles away from me ( i was 15, no car... no cash.). So... what i'm saying to you is. you have it pretty sweet for a 14 year old. no parent is every going to give you the thumbs up and tell you to "hang out" with their daughter alone... well most of the time anyway. if you get lucky and thats the case, id go see a doctor if i were you.

I know I seem stupid saying "She's the one for me," but we have almost everything in common. The only thing we don't is that I like S30's and she likes Corvettes. She doesn't like drifting, she is afraid to go high speeds in cars. Which is about it. I already know what I'm going to do for my future. I already have 5,000$ saved up for the shop I want to open. I want to open a tire/muffler shop. I'm going to the Marines, and taking a business class in college, for the shops I open.