HybridZ

Tri-state (NYC) Z's try#2

EvilC

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Take a look at these maps. The parking lot is a good size and has a lot of shady parking. We will meet here. If the lot is full, there is another lot about 2 miles North of this one on Seven Lakes Drive as an alternate.

Coming from the North on 87, I suggest taking Central Valley exit for Route 6 East (Long Mountain Parkway) to the circle and get on Seven Lakes Drive into the park.

TriState Z meet MAPS.zip

Official time is 2PM. I am going to bring some snack foods and stuff. There are barbecues in the area we can use if anyone brings charcoal. I'll see if I can pick up a bag of charcoal and a few burgers. Everyone can bring enough stuff for themselves to grill up. Alcohol is prohibited in the park...so it's at your own discretion.

I think NE Pa. needs a representative. I'm free on Saturday and the weather looks good for Toplezz driving! Only about 100 miles from me. Plan on seeing you guys. AL

Dave: you seem to be pretty familiar with the area. Would you mind sending me a PM with your cell, in case I get lost (us old people get confused driving(hehe))? AL

Yes 8/4/07 at 2pm Eastern (if you are drivng from really far away) at Harriman State Park in NY. Maps are in a zip file attached above in post number 103.

Basically it's just on the West side of the Hudson River near the Bear Mountain Bridge. Cell phone service is sporadic in the area but I get reception on the thruway and the river.

I think we can decide what to do when we are there. There are definitely options.

Windy country road drives. (nice roads all around the area)

Evening Fireworks Display at Cold Spring about 15 minutes away.

Paintball Feild in NJ

Hang out there, barbecue, swim, hike.

West Point visit, about 15 minutes away.(not sure if it's open but I think so)

Native American Festival going on that day about 10 minutes away.

There are also some local Saturday Evening car shows in the area if anyone wants to stick around.

Let's play it by ear.