HybridZ

Tri-state (NYC) Z's try#2

EvilC

Glad everyone made it home safe. I would like to thank everyone for coming out and spending the day with fellow Z owners. The drive was great and we will def have another planned with stop along the way. I will try to put something together for Sept. which gives plenty of us enough time to get the Z's on the road. A great turnout for the first time getting people together and they can only get better as time goes on.....

Thanks again.

Clive

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for organizing this Clive and Dave, and it was nice to meet all of you in person. My girlfriend and I had a great time!

Edit-

1) Phil, I heard you met up with Tom in his 85 300zx on 84...

2) Jesse I talked to that Porsche owner we tried to hang with on 301. You obviously did a better job at keeping up... my co-pilot was getting nervous so I backed off! Anyways his car was an 87 911 turbo, he said he had owned a 73 240z in the past.

2) Jesse I talked to that Porsche owner we tried to hang with on 301. You obviously did a better job at keeping up... my co-pilot was getting nervous so I backed off! Anyways his car was an 87 911 turbo, he said he had owned a 73 240z in the past.

I love running Porsches on those backroads. I regularly eat them up. Of course as I get older, I get wiser and slow down...maybe that's just it, they are older and wiser than I :wink:

I had emailed Tom to join us, but unfortunately he had prior commitments earlier in the day. He sent me a note last night asking how our meet was. He also mentioned seeing you on 84, on his way to the Marcus Dairy show... which he said let him in no problem. I guess the rules have changed since my last time there? Or, I didn't ask the right people and they were just messing with me?

Guest 83datsun280zx

mike i probably had a little more in me keepign up with the porshce, but my gas light was on. wasnt in the mood to run out of gas haha

Good times, thanks for putting this together guys.

I got to go for my first ride in a Z on saturday with Zero.

My Z is the only one I've sat in (with no seats and doesn't move).

Hopefully it's enough motivation to get me ready for september.

I'm going to visit the Z this weekend to get some work done.

There were a few of us outcasts that left our Z's at home so I didn't feel so bad.

The ride home was much more fun than the ride there in traffic.

I almost ran out of gas because I decided to take "the scenic route".

Then a suzuki Gsx-R came up and revved at me.

I won... Twice.

There were 2 dudes on it which was almost as embarrassing as getting beat by a car... twice. I guess that doesn't help their power to weight ratio.

I a

It was nice to meet you all too. I appologize for showing up late with Clive. I had to finish wiring up his car and make sure everything was OK before we leave. I am looking forward to the next meeting so I can get to know more about everyone.

Dave,

You took some good pictures. Thank you for posting them. Next time I will bring my wife up so the ladies can hang out.

V.

It was great to meet all of you. A special thanks to the guys for putting this together and for posting some pics. I'm sorry I had to leave early, but family matters prevailed.

Dave, My daughter tried reaching me during the day to tell me she made reservations for a little later , to give me more time to hang around. So, I got home with plenty of time to spare. In fact , a little time to take a nap (old people need their naps!(hehe)) Thanks, again! AL

Well I'm back from my vacation reminiscing and I have to agree, that was a very cool day! Been a long time since I could say I was hanging out with Z people in my neck of the woods. Great turn out. Thanks Clive and Dave. We need to do it again real soon!

Joe

Ok so Mike aka Buzz, Dave and myself came up with a name for the new Quad-State club that is going to be formed. RBZCNE. It stands for Rust Belt Z Club of NorthEast. The name is def open to discussion and other names are welcomed because nothing is finalized until everyone has some input. My plans are to start a club for our area even if I am not here for the next 12 months or so. I do plan do move back to the area and would like there to be an official club by next summer. All clubs start small and can only get bigger or die out from there. With the group that showed up, I know we can only get bigger from here on! Honestly we do have the potential to become one of the biggest Z clubs just due to the area we live in. Some time will be put in during the next few weeks gathering info and such about starting this new club. Also the next meet will be planned so keep you eyes open for that. I am thinking the first weekend in Sept because it is the last weekend before school starts for must people. Let me know what you guys think........Thanks again to all the came out!

Clive

I'm definitely in. We had a great group there. I'd be proud to be associated with any / all of you.

As for names, the rust belt theme is good for me.

I like the idea of an abbreviated name that can be spoken as a word.

IRBZ? <--- not a suggestion, just an example.

How about some ideas, then maybe a vote for the final incarnation of it?