HybridZ

Question about Reverse Lockout Assembly on a T56

One of the areas where I'm really tight (as far as space goes) is in the area where the reverse lockout assembly comes out on the side of the T56. Is this a tight area for everyone, or am I trying to get the tranny too high?

Aside from beating the tunnel out there, is there another solution to the space issue?

BTW, I did search and there were no posts that I found.

Bryan

You can remove it. I removed mine many years ago. It does take some time to learn to shift from 4 to 5. I have never engaged reverse but it is tricky.

If some one was real smart, they would figure out a way to use the plunger part with a lighter spring on it and cut off the rest. All you need is a little pressure in there to remind you on the 4 5 shift that reverse is over there some where.

on evilc's car we trimmed the 4 tabs down about 1/2 original size. then we cut apart the factory plug, spliced new wires on, formed a small 'cup' with duct tape then poured epoxy into the cup [with the wires pulled over at a 90 angle. doing this provided us with a much lower profile plug assembly. we also spliced in matching plugs on the harness for the 2 to mate. this eliminated the need to 'massage' the tranny tunnel. evilc may have pics of what we did...