HybridZ

Remote Entry - Power Locks, Hatch Opener and Windows

hawaiiz

Not sure if this is the place for it but I would like to shave my door locks and hatch button, I also thought it would be trick to have a 3 or 4 button remote

Button 1 - Unlock/Lock Doors

Button 2 - Unlock Doors and Roll down Windows

Button 3 - Lock Doors and Roll Up Windows - Not necessary though

Button 4 - Rear Hatch Realease

So questions are

Id like to get rid of the factory manual window regulator alltogather

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-S...spagenameZWDVW

These are generally for flat glass - Has anyone ever put them into a s30?

Also will need to add the one-touch kit as well as the remote kit ususally comes with an alarm as well.

victoria british (Black Dragon Automotive) used to sell a power window kit, and AFAIK they still DO sell the power lock kit. I would look into those products, find out what branding they are, and see what you can do about remote triggering then.. I am pretty sure the "door lock" kit is a very generic one, and the manufacturer might even have a kit with a more multi function remote just for people like you who want to do crazy custom installs.

The first thing you need to worry about is to convert everything to power ie power window, power lock, power trunk release. The hook up to remotely control them is easy. Let me know when you get the first step done and I can show you how to hook them up.

pS. Most of the newer alarms now a day has up to 7 outputs. So you can control everything with one remote.

• 4 months later...

I bought the power lock kit from victoria british a while ago. i tried to figure out how to make it all work with the stock window setup but i couldn't figure out how. the acuators it comes with that you have to put in the door are huge. there simply is no room to install them without some major modifications and possibly adding a big bump to the interior of your door panel. Has anybody else had any luck with that kit? i still have it in my garage. maybe i will try to figure a way to make it work once i start re-assembling my car. but that will definitly be a while.

• Administrators
Do you realize you brought back a 4 months old thread to ask a question that could have been simply asked by posting a new thread?

I would actually prefer relevant information in relevant threads... even if it goes on for years. I believe the search engine is used to better effect, in that scenario.

And to top it off, here's a link you would have gotten had you searched.

http://www.zcar.com/forums/read/1/597707/597707#msg-597707

It was linked in a VB Power Locks thread.

I think its asking a little too much to ask members to search in other forums. While its good advice to dispatch all of your resources, it would become a never ending can of worms, in my opinion.

I'm sorry guys. i didn't mean to cause any problems. When i tried to install the lock system before i hadn't even discovered this site yet and didn't really do any research to try to make them work. i just decided that since i am tearing my car down for a ground up re-build i would try harder and do more resarch to make them work when the time came to put the car back togather, which will be a while from now. so i wasn't too worried about it at the time. i was just reading through the interiors section and thought i would comment. again, sorry for causing a an old thread to come back to the top of the list.

I would actually prefer relevant information in relevant threads... even if it goes on for years. I believe the search engine is used to better effect, in that scenario.

I think its asking a little too much to ask members to search in other forums. While its good advice to dispatch all of your resources, it would become a never ending can of worms, in my opinion.

Ron,

that link was referenced from a Hybridz search result. I figured it would be more beneficial to give him the most pertinent information rather then having to hunt through the hybridz thread to find it.