HybridZ

Ordered a red top

to swap into my son's 72 pickup. The old L16 just wasnt cutting it. Unfortunately,this will delay the RB swap into my 240. The SR is a graduation present so it gets priority. It'll be good practice for my swap that I'm hoping to do this winter. We'll keep updates in the members projects forum for anyone interested.

Wo Wo wait.... Graduation present??? Hey I graduate in Febraury 2008. And see well....I have been needing a turbo you see....Because 7lbs just aint cuttin it you know? *cough gt35r cough* haha just kidding. Great present, Id like to see videos of that! I saw a video of a 2jz in a datsun pickup. Madness!!!

Heres what it looked like the day we hauled it home. Now it sports a sweet metalic charcoal paintjob , rhino liner in the bed and chrome American racing rims. I had a pair of newly reupolstered 240 seats that he swapped for the bench. I'll post some new pics tonight.

Zs001.jpg

Heres what it looked like the day we hauled it home. Now it sports a sweet metalic charcoal paintjob , rhino liner in the bed and chrome American racing rims. I had a pair of newly reupolstered 240 seats that he swapped for the bench. I'll post some new pics tonight.

Zs001.jpg

Wow! That is a pretty straight looking truck.

Can't wait to see the after pics. I always loved the 521 trucks. Looks like a 510 from the front.

This is what she looks like now. Brake kits on order and the L16 is coming out this weekend so he can clean and paint the bay before the new motor comes. We also have to start planning fuel management. The stock tank will have the same issues as an early Z. Its either sump the tank or build a seperate one. Stock lines arent big enough too, so those will need to be redone. The list will go on, but I'm ready to dig in...I think I want to do this swap as much as my son does. The tables will turn....."hey son, can I borrow your truck tonight" ?

BensTruck002.jpg

BensTruck001.jpg

I got some pics of the motor today and it looks mighty clean. Ordered red but got blacktop. Sweet... I'm out of the countrey for a week and a half so hopefully it will be here when I get back. I'm headed flyfishing in Labrador for HUGE brookies. Anyway, heres a shot of the SR.

IMG_2602.jpg