HybridZ

S130 specific website - checking Interest...

xenonxiii

I and checking interest for all of the 280zx or s130 members, I have searched for a website about the 280zx and modifications for this car. I've found info here and over at Zcar.com as well. But there is no one place with this information is a easy to find and read format. Here is where I step in. In the planning stages is a website called Xenons130.com. At this site I will try to compile the most up to date and complete 280zx/S130 Information on mods,swaps,restoration,ect.

If you would like to contribute information Please email me @

admin at xenonz31 dot com

Guest 280zxfromdiego

The name is not as marketable IMO. You may want to change it due to the complexity of the name. Like when I'm talking to my friends, xenon is not a familiar or easy to sound out word.

But it does sound like an awesome idea, you may want to get all parties involved by contacting each forums admins and members, asking for links through out the forums to what those communities see as useful information on the topic at hand.

Well the name is a combo of my user ID I have been using for about 15 years on all the message boards I visit. and you all know about the S130 part. I also run xenonz31.com as well for the Z31 84-89 300zx group. You can check out xenonz31.com for some idea of what I'm looking to do for the s130 owners.

What would be good is info on S130 engine changes, suspension mods, etc. Not just about someone who went on a shopping spree but hard tech info eg changing the suspension arm pickup points on the rear suspension.

Also tech info on racing S130's, past and present.

There is plenty of chat around about new wheels and other off the shelf items, that fine, but bugger all about what I've mentioned above.

like rear camber. tranny upgrades that almost bolt in. (been covered for s30, but i know its almost the same for ours too.) diff swaps, front control arm upgrades. and i like the racing thing, roll cage info would be great, there aint much of that for the s130 chassis. like the age old question, does the jegster cage fit in the s130? seems to be asked lots around here. does anyone have hard info on it? this stuff would make great writeups on a s130 specific site.

i better start typing in that case :) i have done most you mentioned, like 260det modified all suspension bits fairly heavy, where 260det swapped it out for s14 stuff!

im planning to incorperate the M3 group b style rear suspension mod on my trailing arms in the near future

we both run cages , i run a full cage .. ( welding that one up as we speak) but we both have jack stand queens as it stands :)

what i can tell you as that my cage is a 240z cage with longer tubing here and there .. fits like a glove ( it is the design used in my friends 240 rallye and track cars.. so your front legs you can use the same as a 240 but it has to be extended in the bottom as the s130 doesn't have the wider rocker panel it sits on .. all small things basically

We just need to be more resourceful with a s130 :) and most s130 i have seen so far get ghetto modded :( ( not all and on this site there are some prime examples of very good looking thought through ones!)

Yeh well my S14 suspension swap is a bit of unknown territory and until the car gets on the track, who knows? But Frank's modding of the stock rear suspension geometry is much more relevant to 99.9% of owners and much more practical than swapping the whole suspension for something else.

On that point I'm fairly sure that there is info around on geometry changes to the similar 510/1600 rear suspension. As well as of course the BMW stuff.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest avusilvia

That sounds like a great idea. I would love ans130 specific site. zcar.com is good and so is zdriver.com but something specific and technical would be nice.

s130s don't get the rep they deserve "they're heavier than the first gen","they're not a 300zx" I think s130 owners would benefit from this site.

Well What i need from you guys is some Content. I have searched and I have found little information on these. I'm putting together a FICHE quick link Page and putting up some writeup's i've found. The FSM for the 82 model year also will be added.

If you have anything you want to include, Please Send it to me At xenonxiii at comcast dot net

Guest colt452

I am pretty sure that xenoniii dosen't think that it is a matter of something being wrong with the s130 section here. Just logically thinking a site that is entirely about s130's would have a lot more information cause the entire site is dedicated to it. I personally like the idea, it is always better to have more sites that you trust where you can go to for information and help.

I’m most enthusiastic about bringing together more s130 related information. However, I fail to see how having a separate site with no input from s30 owners, which undoubtedly would result at best, to having one tenth of the vast body of technical information and experience than here, would create more useful s130 information. The only information that has been lacking is s130 specific suspension set up information. All else, engine, turbo, differential, EFI, camshaft…mods are the same. Why start from scratch when there is already so much collective experience, just add to it what you think is missing.

My concern is that a separate site could further limit the s130 info here and would not have the experience and large membership needed to create valuable info on its own. For example, I have argued with Jon about the semi-trailing set up being equally competitive for most applications, yet I have mostly learned how to set up my suspension from him and John C, along with some other S30 owners with track experience. Odds are, they and others will use their experience to add useful comments to s130 specific discussions, losing that, would be just that, a loss!