HybridZ

Funny Car Crash (Unless you own the Ferrari)

Rhnmsf

I love the story behind this one:

To my darling husband, before you return from your business trip I really just want to let you know about the small

accident I had with the pick up truck as I turned into our driveway today. Fortunately not too bad and I didn't get hurt, so please don't worry too much about me...

ferraricrash.jpg

Kinda have to wonder how the truck got up and over the Ferrari. The rear doesn't appear to be that badly damaged.

now i understand why mowen aren't allowed to drive in Saudi Arabia :)

Are they allowed to in Kuwait? How about the other Gulf countries?

Kinda have to wonder how the truck got up and over the Ferrari. The rear doesn't appear to be that badly damaged.

The Ferrari hit the truck and slid under. Notice the fragments of the garage door between the truck tire and car. I'll bet the person driving was speeding along and hit a T in the road with someone's driveway at the top of the T.

I would say truck hit garage door, rode up closed door till it gave way then on top of Ferrari. That would explain minimal damage to rear of car. You can see header for the garage door in right of picture which would have been knocked down by height of truck, plus stamping on door is facing up meaning it came down on car. At least that is what my years of crash reconstruction show me.

I'm with you... That's probably exactly what happened...

Mike

I would say truck hit garage door, rode up closed door till it gave way then on top of Ferrari. That would explain minimal damage to rear of car. You can see header for the garage door in right of picture which would have been knocked down by height of truck, plus stamping on door is facing up meaning it came down on car. At least that is what my years of crash reconstruction show me.

Guys, this picture is years old. The first time I saw it there was a news article with it. The truck was driven by a teenage kid who (Good call on the T in the road) ran through a stop sign too fast and didn't make the corner, went over the curb and launch the truck into the garage.

Check that! Here's the truth!

http://www.snopes.com/photos/accident/darling.asp

ok that one is more realistic....i didnt think someone who owned a ferrari would also own a f-150......but yeah...i was just posting it cause i thought it was funny..

You never know. My wife loves trucks and I love Zs. So even though we could have several really nice Z cars to drive she's got a Ford Ranger. (I figure Zs are better than a Ferrari any day)

this is the email joke that was attached with that pic

Letter to my husband....

To my darling husband' date='

Before you return from your overseas trip I just want to let you know

about the small accident I had with the pick up truck when I turned

into the driveway. Fortunately not too bad and I really didn't get

hurt, so please don't worry too much about me.

I was coming home from Wal-Mart, and when I turned into the driveway. I

accidentally pushed down on the accelerator instead of the brake. The

garage door is slightly bent but the pick up fortunately came to a

halt when it bumped into your car.

I am really sorry, but I know with your kind-hearted personality you

will forgive me. You know how much I love you and care for you my

sweetheart.

I am enclosing a picture for you. I cannot wait to hold you in my arms

again.

Your loving wife.

P.S. Your girlfriend called

[/quote']

Guys, this picture is years old. The first time I saw it there was a news article with it. The truck was driven by a teenage kid who (Good call on the T in the road) ran through a stop sign too fast and didn't make the corner, went over the curb and launch the truck into the garage.

Check that! Here's the truth!

http://www.snopes.com/photos/accident/darling.asp

I see, so I was half right!:)

ok that one is more realistic....i didnt think someone who owned a ferrari would also own a f-150......but yeah...i was just posting it cause i thought it was funny..

This comment completely baffles me...

Why would a person that owns a ferrari NOT own a pickup truck??? Lots of guys with the money to own an exotic still own "normal" vehicles... We use trucks to transport our "exotics" on these cool things called "trailers" to events and track days...

Matter of fact, the next track event I'm at, I'm gonna take pics of all the absolute pieces of junk transport vehicles these guys buy to use to tow with... It'll be a real good laugh! :lmao:

Mike

Mike it's not that if you own a Ferrari you can't have a pick up, its that if you own a Ferrari you probably aren't hurting for money and would probably have something more like a quadcab power stroke F350 and not a regular cab side step F150. That's all I ment by it!:wink:

Atleast if I owned a Ferrari like that I sure as hell wouldn't be rolling around in a sidestep regular cab F150! I'd have a quadcab or megacab / Dodge 3500 Turbo Dieseled powered / rolling on some bling bling rims and tires kind of truck! LOL :mrgreen::bling: That's just how I would "roll" LOL!

Guy

Guy, I know what ya meant, but when I read that, I just broke out in laughter, because Porsche and Ferrari guys don't have a problem dropping coin on their cars... But a PICKUP TRUCK??? HOW MUCH??? $50K FOR THAT???

No, there are a LOT of beat-to-♥♥♥♥ piles in the paddocks at most tracks! Most of them aren't fit to tow with either! :2thumbs:

Mike