HybridZ

Bmw One Coupe

cygnusx1

It's official. BMW will stuff the 335i twin turbo straight six into the new, smaller, One series and badge it the 135i. They now have my full attention. So far they are quoting $32k msrp for a 300hp/300ftlb motor in a light-by-todays-standards-coupe. I think that this will make a perfect replacement for my aging WRX in a couple of years. I will overlook the lack of AWD in favor of another turbocharger and two more cylinders.

It will also have track day ready brakes. 6 piston front calipers and decent rotors all around. The only gripe is that they are using traction control as a substitute for an LSD.

300ft-lbs from 1400rpm and up!!!!

http://www.bmwusa.com/Vehicles/futurevehicles/new1/

I don't know if we'll get the diesel versions but, it could be a nice set-up as the 320D in europe is the fastes in the 3 series at the moment.

We had a meeting the other day on the futur of our work load as mechanics and were told that we MIGHT have the diesels too, not at first but one or two years later.

I believe with just the addition of a chip they are putting out 380 something horses. I personally love the 335 and would rather have one then a m3.

Over the older style or new style m3? The new m3 is def a very very sexy car with that nasty 8 under the hood......price is just way out of my range...lol