HybridZ

Quad-State meet #2 (NY-NJ-PA-CT)

EvilC

So I figured I would get the ball rolling on our second meet. Great news is that I will be around! Just got a job offer here in Rockland County, so no moving for me!! Now back to the topic on hand......which weekend works better for the group....first or second weekend in Sept? I would also like for everyone who is coming to have some sense of what the club name they would like to see...as of right now I do like ZORB...just easy to say and represents where we are from but of course like I stated before this will be a group vote so keep coming up with names. I was also thinking that this time we should meet earlier in the day so we all can spend more time getting to know one another and maybe another Z drive. I will not be late to the next one, I promise!

By the end of next week, there will be events planned out for the day. I will try to get name tags this time....I loved how everyone said their name an then their HBZ username. So give ideas here or pm me....I am very excited to be round and glad we can get this going. Would also like to thank HBZ for a great site because without it we all would never get to meet one another. Thanks again all.

Clive

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2nd week for me, but only because it gives me more time.

I'm available for either so don't count my vote.

It's more important to me that the biggest amount of people can make it.

Edit:

And it's awesome to hear that you are staying. Definitely gives the club a stronger base too.

The first weekend is Labor day weekend.

Most people are off on Monday.

Same thing I was thinking but I remember lots of people do last minute school shopping that weekend.....Dave you thinking of making the trip up??

G0tJules...Yeah you can ride with me again.

Guys I was thinking, since this is a Quad-State club....this time the meet should be in NJ. Why do I say this? Well we all meet in NY last time and the second largest group of people who showed up was from NJ. Next month we can have something in CT and then PA. We will still try and keep the distance fair to everyone. Maybe Joe aka Rags would like to host at his place this time? If not any of you Jersey guys who know of a nice place to meet up and know of some nice roads let me know. If the group really really likes where we meet the first time, we can do that again and add some events to the day. Also when I say we are going to meet earlier I mean more like noon...no 9am meets...lol

So, Joe what do ya think?

Clive

I'm still up in the air if I can make it for the Sept meeting. Labor Day weekend is definitely out because of my grandmothers 88th birthday and the second weekend my wife has us going to my inlaws. If the inlaw trip falls through we can for sure use my place. I'll keep everyone in the loop if no other location is available.

By the way.....Rturbo 930, your from NJ, do you hav any interest in the club? I'm not sure if you were involved in the last go round.

Joe

Well, I'm still tossing the meet I planned before in CT, except any car is welcome to show up...so far it looks like the 240sx guys are going to come and outnumber the Z crowd....and we can't let that happen. But they do offer some parts that we can use for our cars, like TB's, turbo parts, and other things. My Z's are still unstreetable, and maybe one of them can make a Z meet in NJ during Sept...but no promises yet..

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=124145

Same thing I was thinking but I remember lots of people do last minute school shopping that weekend.....Dave you thinking of making the trip up??

Clive

I wish I could. With school starting and the Zvention soon thereafter, I can't get away.

Maybe in the spring.

Right now I are shooting for the 3rd weekend of September, Sat the 22nd. Joe aka Rags will let us know if his place is up for use for that day. If not how about the paintball field if that is still an option. If not we can all gather in the same park as before...bbq...hike...or just chill out as before. Maybe this time we can go for a longer drive and plan 2 or 3 tops along the way. Is a noon meeting time better for everyone? Lunch....hang out....hour or so drive (each way)...pics should take about 5-6 hours total for the day. As this meet I would like to get an offical name done, figure out who would like to be or show interest in being on the board, local sponsers for the club and brainstorm. I have done some of this work already and would like to get more ideas flowing.....even if you can not make the meet...post here or email me to voice anything you would like to say. We should have some new people this time showing up and I plan on making flyers with basic info on it and hand them out within the next 2 weeks!

Clive

Bump

We are meeting up in the park again guys....the 22nd of Sept....I do ask all who plan to be there to post here in this thread. Meet time will be 11am....lunch again in the park....bring your own or what you would like to share for food. There will be another drive along the roads that everyone enjoyed and maybe a stop for group pics. Hopefully guys this will be my first day out with the Z!!

Do I need to start calling phones? lol

Thanks everyone.