HybridZ

Inspection panel MOD vent

buZy

yea except u'll get water dripping right on ur bat terminals when it rains =(

Get one of those optima yellow tops they work underwater. Also if you decide to shoot the battery with a shotgun it will still start your car. I don't use optimas personally, but it is a solution to that problem.

Vents look great. Are those the original inspection doors or did you make them out of another material?

Water? Not an issue for me. How about cross venting that V8 under the stock hood. OEM lids off that 280z parts car that went to crusher a few weeks ago. Retained the blue ones intact. Process: Fixture and mill cut the holes. Profiled the openings underneath with .10 X 38 wide brass stock then soldered to form an opening return edge to replace the missing structure. No warped sharp sheet metal opening bs. SST fabric sheet .05 X.19 open fastened with a few stops of black rtv. It still clears the body structure too. Skim top, Single stage gloss black etc. Wannabe Ferrari lol....

buzy, I was thinking of doing this exact modification to my 240z. Good to see that it looks halfway decent. :)

I've also thought about doing a similiar treatement to the 'cowl' part of the hood, along the raised sides. I would leave the front "V" alone and only perforate the two sides.

I need to find a spare hood though.

i like how you followed the shape of the vent, rather than cut a square hole in there. Have you considered painting the wire blue or even black?

EDIT: actually i like the current colour :D

Thanks guys! Totally thought about painting the screens. But to get paint to actually stick to the screen might crack and peel over time between the wire mesh. So I went with SST instead and the contrast.