HybridZ

Raced a Vette on the highway

big-phil

Well it finally happened. I've been trying and trying to get someone in a vette to race me, and no one would. Well on the way home I had a vette want to race me. He came up beside me, looked, nodded, and took off. I think he thought he was going to play and leave another ricer? Well....so sad, to bad. At 14 pounds of boost I destroyed him! We slowed and took off FIVE times. I got to 140mph at one point, all the while pulling from this guy.

His vette was the newest body style vette, but I don't think it was a Z06?? I couldn't find any markings?

My turbo motor now has about 2k miles on it. I have not run it above 14 psi, and I guess I don't need to;) I was going to start making videos when I got it up-to 17-20 psi but I guess its pretty fast now?

P.S. I just ordered meth injection:mparty:

I want the Z06:smile:

Congrats, How did the car feel at 140mph?

It felt good. I didn't stay there long. Just long gnough to see "140" then I let off. I was more worried about my air dam. It has a big crack from hitting some retred. I just knew it was going too rip off, but it didn't!

Too bad you didn't have the camera. I've been waiting for some more of your vids.

there was a time I kept the camera with me all the time. Its never there when you need it.

My friend Richard, (who owns the TT 300Z I raced in one of my videos) Said he 's been trying to get a Vette. He was next to that new Mustang 500???? GT something, something? But couldn't get it to run him.

Phil, if you ever make it out to atlanta, or I make it out your way, I'd love to run you in my soon to be blown C6!!!!!! the blower is in my garage, just not yet installed. ;) seriously though, good job!

that would be fun, i wonder how much boost the methanol will allow me to go?

I never noticed the Vette on the other side of your Z before! NICE!

seeing a Z spedo hit 140mph is fun, isnt it???

:-)

im 100% its not really 140-but still...to see it hit that high-makes me feel reaaaaallll good.

this was on a deserted interstate, right? :-)

GO PHIL!

I was wondering how fast I was "really" going. I wish I could find one of those radar things on the side of the road.

And the hyway was I-20 at about 2pm in Dallas, sure no one was on it.